Balloon Business Owner: Strive for Progress not Perfection
What is the first thing that came to mind when you read those words?
Did you think, “I am always going for perfection.”
Or did you think, “I take action and don’t worry if things are not perfect.”
As the owner of a business, it is really easy to get in a rut and not produce new options for our clients, or try new marketing as we wait to be perfect.
Perfection is often used as an excuse, masking our fear of reaching out to a new market or creating a new service.
Today as I share this blog (September 20, 2021) with parts originally written several years ago, I think how many lives have been positively affected since 2015 when I stepped out in faith. It was thanks to a friend asking me an important question. There are so many memorable moments I have created since 2003 when I jumped into the balloon industry full time, after being presented the opportunity to purchase a local balloon decor business.
Are you a person that is stuck on STOP or PAUSE mode because you are afraid to move forward? Are waiting to have the “perfect system”, “perfect product”, “perfect pricing”, “perfect marketing, “perfect time”?
There will never be a perfect time….
One of your balloon business goals – Write One Social Media Post a Day on Facebook or instagram to share the new services you are offering.
- I’m not a good writer
- I don’t have a great photo of my balloon work
- I don’t think the balloon design is good enough to post
- No one is going to read it anyway
- I’m not creative
- I don’t have many followers on social media
- …and the list goes on and on
Choose to strive for progress not perfection, and stop letting perfection be your road block.
Take Action THRIVE!
This is the mantra I started sharing in Orlando, November 2019 at our annual live workshop to help the 100 attendees at the event move forward in making their dreams a reality.
- Set your action plan this week: if you are in Balloon Boss Mastermind write in your Thrive Guide
- Focus on the things that will bring you money if you are in need of cash flow
- Take that next step for setting up a system to be more profitable or efficient
- If you have been having stress, and not feeling well focus on task that bring you strength and energy
- Surround yourself with positive people and a mentor to help you focus on progress
- Set an accountability partner to push you to take action
When you take action steps forward in your business you are opening up the possibilities for growth.
- Posting a photo on social media with a call to action
- Set your pricing guide with the top 4 items you want to offer and prices allows for you to quote efficiently and make editable guides available in Balloon Boss Mastermind from sports to common decor and holidays.
- Create a balloon design you want to sell and take photo of it and share online
- Post on your balloon business Facebook page or Instagram account
I encourage you over the next week to look at the things that you may have been putting off completing or going after while you wait for perfection. Confidence grows by taking action, and learning from the experience.
I’d like to share a bit of a personal journey with you on this concept and why it really spoke to me as a subject to share with you.
It is easy to get caught in the trap of not doing something…waiting on perfection. I am so thankful that back in 2014 a dear friend, Pat Crossland asked me an important question of WHEN. She knew my dreams of starting a training program with an online platform to share the resources I wish were available back in 2003 when I started my full time journey in balloons.
I had doubts and concerns about if what I was building would be perfect to fit the needs of others. Pat encouraged me to set a deadline and go for it. Balloon Coach was started in January of 2015! It took time to build out my online platform, we launched my first webinar program in September of 2015 with David Mahoney of Balloons Everyday as our first speaker.
When I hear the testimonies from clients around the world how our Balloon Boss Mastermind Group Coaching, webinars and hands on training has helped motivate them, given them the guidance and support for success, I understand more than ever the importance to Strive for Progress and not Perfection. My programs were created to provide the information I wish I would of had in my life in 2003 when I started in the industry full time. To save people time and money by having a path to reach success quicker.
September 28th, 2021 Amy Cullen of It’s My Party in Dyer, Indiana will help me celebrate Balloon Coaches 6th Birthday of hosting live webinars for the Balloon industry, sharing the Realities of Retail.
She is great at being transparent with her lessons learned from 12 years of running a retail balloon store and the new systems she has put in place to increase profitablilty from retail to onsite decor delivery.
Her story is an amazing example of progress over perfection and to improve as you go. Balloon Boss Mastermind, and Balloon Boss Summit are all about the importance of learning from each other and collaborating. If I had focused on my weaknesses I would of never realized the worth in being a master connector to bring the balloon coach programs together, to support our insdustry with business development training and resources.
What have YOU been holding back from doing…waiting for Perfection?
If I had waited on perfection to start Balloon Coach, NONE of these resources would be here to support you in your journey!
Do you ever feel alone on your balloon business journey?
Spend hours, days or months looking for an answer on how to do something for your business and would love to find out that info quickly?
Check out Balloon Boss Mastermind. It’s time to Strive for Progress not Perfection!
See why our members say “It’s the best investment I have made in my balloon business.”
In Balloon Boss Mastermind you get access to:
- Schedule to success program for marketing your business; what I did to grow a home based business to $150,000 a year in sales.
- Ongoing support and insights now from my role as the Marketing Manager for Party People Events and being a part of a team that did over $600,000 in sales in 2018 and again in 2019. Growing a team can be scary, and is not easy but it allows for you to have time with your family and to enjoy life knowing your team is taking care of your clients.
- Access to over $5,000 of online training and support a $297 value for just $97 a month.
- Training on how to create high profit decor.
- Photos you can use as your own in marketing
- Editable Pricing Guide templates
- 3 live webinars a month and access to library of replays since 2015.
- Surround yourself with uplifting people
Whatever your DREAMS are, I look forward to supporting you as you create a Thriving Balloon Business!
Write your action plan for this week now and take one step forward at a time.
Go take action to Strive for Progress not Perfection this week!
Do one thing today that your future self will thank you for.
Your Partner in Success,
Create Your Thriving Balloon Business