Pack like a Boss for Balloon Boss Pro Summit Orlando!
Tips to make the most out of your investment!
It is never to early to prep to make the most out of your Balloon Boss Pro Summit Experience. In the midst of social distancing we are taking extra steps this year to make you feel safe in the midst of social distancing.
- We will be following the Orlando Guidelines
- We have rented all of the conference area at the host hotel
- Mask inside convention and main hotel spaces
- Extra hand sanitation stations
- Forehead Non-Contact Temperature taken each morning
- 6 foot distance marks on the ground when needed
- Social distancing with reduced number of people at Round Table, or choose an individual 6 foot table.
- Bracelets to signify your comfort level
Red-please stay 6 feet back
Yellow – Elbow bumps OK
Green – Hugs Welcome
- Networking lunch option to eat inside or outside by the pool you can choose to eat on your own or network.
Save the Date Thursday, October 22nd
12 pm Eastern, 11 am Central, 9 am Pacific
Pre Summit “Lunch” Webinar for all attendees and staff
We will review the schedule for the week and how to prepare in advance to make the most from the experience. You will see the Road Map for Success plan that you will create custom for you business during the week.
Be PRESENT even if joining us Virtually!
This year we have a unique twist, for the first time in Balloon Coach history you will be a part of our hybrid training experience. To make the most from your investment we encourage you to be PRESENT at the event, no matter if you are joining us LIVE online or LIVE in person in Orlando.
That means, eliminating distractions so you can be in the moment, learning from the instructors and creating your custom Success Path each day to be prepared with a plan to take action when you return home. (You can download the schedule from the website)
Take time now to set up who will be taking care of your business and family responsibilities while you are away.
Prepare to reduce distractions:
- Assign someone to answer your business phone and email
- If you do not have a person to answer clients, put a new phone message and email response that you are out of town at training to enhance the services you provide and will return messages __________ you set the deadline of when you plan to be able to get back with them. Let them know how to email or fill out contact form etc.
- Make a plan for family members or friends to take care of your kids or family while you are away. Make sure if forms at school need to be filled out for someone new to pick up your child in case of emergency those forms are filled out.
- Set a plan with your family or loved ones when you will communicate with them – will it be phone or text and time frame. I found that setting the expectation in advance that I would not be able to talk during the majority of my day helped. Depending on your time zone, having a morning chat before they head to work or school or night-time routine will keep you connected to meet their needs around the event schedule.
- If you have events going on while you are away print any paperwork you may need to follow up with your staff on break and evening, or before class in the morning.
Ballon Boss Pro Summit is a unique deep dive experience created to:
- Have our instructors share their business journey including their struggles and successes for you to enhance your success path strategies, learning from others.
- Talk real numbers and focus in on high profit decor pieces, that you can train staff to create so that you can build a business that can run without you inflating all the balloons.
- Build a network with other balloon professionals that you can reach out to when feeling frustrated, burnt out or needing help. Networking Lunch Mon – Friday as part of the program to increase your pool of people to support you when you return home.
- Get a boost of energy during a time that burn out can easily happen to leave motivated to rock the end of the year and start the next year fully charged!
- Gain knowledge, our alumni who have attended with dozens of years of experience in the industry learn a new trick or procedure to make their business more efficient plan to increase profits.
- Create systems for growth to improve your Balloon Boss skills.
- Increase confidence in building, marketing and selling high profit decor.
- Think about how to Retire like a King. Think about what your end game is so you structure your business to create the dreams you have for your future.
- Increase your focus on self-care as a balloon boss to create a business that allows you to enjoy the other aspects of your life.
- Leave with a written custom plan to take action for success to grow your Thriving Balloon Business!
The Host Hotel is:
(there is not hotel shuttle)
Balloon Boss Pro Summit facebook group, send a PM to Joette Meyers Giardina on FB to be put you in the group if you do not find it on your own.
Packing and Prep List for Promotions & Profits
- Hearing Protection – we will have inflation equipment running during some of the hands on portion of the workshop if you are bothered by noise or would like to protect your hearing bring – ear plugs or noise cancelling earmuffs or headset to use during the hands on portion of class daily.
- Swimsuit typically it is 60s in the evening and 70s and 80’s during the day there is a pool and hot-tub outside open 7 am to 11 pm.
- Sunglasses or hat/sunscreen if you plan to come early or stay after to enjoy the sun or sneak out during lunch break for some sunshine.
- $$$$ You will want to have some cash and credit cards ready for meals not included. You will also have opportunities to purchase inflation equipment & BalloonCoach.com courses, you can PREPURCHASE the inflation equipment at discount Email will be sent out with details.
- Positive Mental Attitude
- Be OPEN to looking at things from a different perspective. It’s easy to get stuck in the mindset of, “I’ve always done it this way” listen to take in the training and apply some new concepts to your business.
- Smile and connect with like minded people you can turn to in the future for support.
- Laptop or tablet if you have one, the last session of each day and in the evenings round table or participate in colab groups to work directly in your computer to take action on what you are learning for watermarking professional photos for marketing to updating your website and much much more.
- Sunday night opening networking and music event theme is Reach for the Stars
Gold, white & navy dress is casual (jeans, shorts)
- CBA certificates will be awarded from stage with photo op
- Thursday Night Celebration theme is Out of This World
Dress your best, ladies in dresses or slacks, men in slacks and dress shirt or Coat and tie.
- During the week typically attendees where their logo clothing or business casual to take photos with the backdrops to use in marketing.
- Sunday night opening networking and music event theme is Reach for the Stars
- Themed or special outfits if you would like to take opportunities for you to take photos with the decor on your camera or phone (pair up with someone from the event and take each others photos, this is not something you have to dress up for, but wanted you to know you can if you like in the evenings go change clothes and take photos in the different Photo Ops to use in your marketing for the holidays, or special occasions.
- Valentine’s Day
- Oh Baby Bright Pastel Baby shower
- Baby shower in Pinks and in Blues
- Birthday deliveries
- Wild One Birthday
- Lego – construction theme
- One in a Melon
- Check what the size and weight requirements are for suitcases from your airline.
- Put suitcases out at least a week in advance and start packing early so you are not totally rushed at the end. (the last week before a trip always seems to be crazy)
- Hotel and air reservation typed into calendar (printed out if needed)
- Delete photos from phone and tablet, camera or purchase additional memory cards to have room for lots of photos!
- Pack business cards to share with others at summit.
- Portfolio or marketing materials that you may share during lunch or evening conversations to get ideas from others on improvements you can make.
- Bring a special baggie or container or ladies even a cosmetic bag to put all the business cards in of the people you meet.
- Pack your POWER CORD for all electronics (WBC 2012 Jani Blocker was nice enough to buy me a universal power cord when I left my laptop cord at home – not cheap!)
- Pack an extension cord with multiple 3 prong plugs or power strip if you need for all your electronics
- The lamp in your room does have 2 electric outlets and 2 USB ports on the night stand.
- If you have back up power packs or battery for your phone – bring all you have as you spend full days away from a power plug!
- Hand held luggage scale you can purchase at Walmart or online, helps from extra fees at check in at your flight.
- Chap Stick
- Hand lotion
- Jacket or sweater dressing in layers is good we are in FL with the Air conditioning on -some will be cold, some hot have layers to be prepared.
- Logo clothing, or outfits you want your photo taken in to show off your brand when you take selfies in the photo areas
- Comfortable shoes – we will be on our feet for the hands on build all day Sunday.
- At least 1 Pair of scissors in your checked luggage. If you like to wear an apron while doing hands on class bring it.
- IF you would like to set up your OWN custom Brand Messaging Photography session with our Pro Photographer bring the balloons to create the items you want photographed to inflate in your room with your own inflator.
- Hand pump if you have one not required
- Notebook, it’s nice to have extra pad of paper for notes
- Pens – easy to lose a pen or run out of ink
- Highlighter if you like to highlight notes during class
- Vitamins, you will probably get a little less sleep than usual having an extra boost of vitamins start the month before you come and during the event can help you feel your best.
- Pain reliever, allergy medicine, any medications you take.
- Travel cup or money to buy one to have beverages in class and in your room. There is a Keurig coffee maker, microwave and small fridge in each room.
- Travel Kleenex
- Nail Clippers and file, with all the balloon work you are bound to break a nail!
- Individual bottle of your favorite hand sanitizer (in checked luggage)
- Work out clothes if you would like to hit the hotel gym or sidewalks for a wake up or end of the day workout.
- FILES for the weeks events. If you are running crews while you are away and plan to be in touch with your crew. Email the information to yourself if you wish to review.
- IF at all possible plan for a full 8 hours of sleep night before your flight. Once you get to Orlando it is easy to lose track of time and be up in the lobby talking to a new friend til all hours of the night and morning!
- Favorite granola bars, nuts, dried fruit etc. as many times you don’t take time to eat because you are visiting with people, good to keep your energy level up.
- Leave room in your suitcase for the materials from our sponsors you will get a Bag from Balloon Coach with some small items in. Plus there is shopping available at the Disney store in the Hotel and Disney Springs is in walking distance for some Disney themed Christmas gifs and other upscale shopping.
TIPS While at Summit
When you meet someone you do not know – take a photo of them holding their name tag by their face so you remember their name when you get home.
Get connected on Facebook while you are there.
Eat meals with different people. It’s great to see old friends, but make some new ones too!
IF you are not an outgoing person and have a hard time meeting new people, relax and say hello! Gayle & Paul Whitear are our Balloon Coach ambassadors and will be glad to introduce you to people.
Lunch Monday – Friday is a part of your paid registration.
Dinner Thursday night included in your registration, with music and fun.
Show on Social Media that you are attending Industry Training!
- Post on Social media you are attending the event (let your customers know you are continuing your education.) #BalloonCoach
- Friends and clients LOVE to see that you are investing in your business an fun photos of your travels keep people interested in your business!
- Please post thank you messages, and send a note of thanks to the instructors that give you those ah-ha moments (without giving away the training you paid to learn)
- As you post photos in the future of jobs you land, or increased income from what you learn give a shout out and tag the instructors and Balloon Coach.
If you are reading this and not registered for Balloon Boss Pro Summit 2020 yet click here for details, schedule, staff, hotel reservations and grab your spot to take your business to the next level.
Our dream team looks forward to helping you take the next step.
Your Partner in Success,
Joette Giardina, CBA
Mentor. Motivator. Speaker.