5 Important Things When Creating Centerpieces
Here are 5 important things professional decorators need to think about when creating centerpieces for an event.
These are especially important during the holidays when we might be tempted to go super big on our centerpieces and forget that we need to build things so that people enjoy the decor and they are not in the way!
1. Will there be audio visual screens in the room for a slideshow or video presentation?
2. Will there be a speaker at a podium or on the stage?
3. If yes to either one of the above, will everyone in the room be able to view the presentations? Or will your centerpieces block attendees views?
4. Will your centerpiece give enough space on table for all the catering items and people’s plates.
5. When people sit across from each other at the table are they able to see each other, or does your centerpiece block their view?
If your centerpieces are in the way, do not be surprised if they get placed on the ground during the event.
The following is a video from Paul Cramer of The Classic Center, Athens, GA. We started a conversation about the lovely balloon centerpieces on display in the competition room at Ballooniversity 2017. Paul told me one of his pet peeves and I asked him to share, as it is one of mine also! Hope you find these tips helpful as you strive to grow your business and assist your clients in making informed choices about their decor.
By the way, the centerpieces in this video were for competition. However if they had been used for the Gala, they all would have blocked views for some people of the screens and podium (there were 80 tables in the room). Tall centerpieces are fun and can be good for many occasions, however when a lot of money is spent on AV presentations it is key to be proactive and create decor that does not block views.