Yard Cards for your balloon business.
In the midst of social distancing there has been a boom in Balloon Deliveries and Yard Cards to adorn the yards of families around the world that want to show their loved ones more than ever how much they care.
Jenn Nyikos started Fun By the Yard over 10 years ago and then added balloon decor to her events.
Blenda Berrier of I Heart Balloons and Balloon & Event Construction Company added yard cards to her business in the midst of social distancing. The two share their tips and tricks to adding yard cards to your balloons business in a free webinar. click here to learn from their experiences to help you make the most from adding this service to your business. Here are some tips to keep in mind as you get started in yard cards.
Tips from Jenn
Finding your customer:
** You already have balloon customers. Make this a fabulous up sale.
** Put up FREE yard cards in the neighborhoods you want to be in.
** Be sure to put out an advertising sign with every yard display. Over half my business
comes from folks seeing that and calling me.
** Social media – Encourage your customers to post and share photos and tag you.
** Tag your customer on your page.
Different kinds of signs:
Solid color (white, yellow, blue, purple, red, black and gray)
Pro: Most economical, lasts FOREVER
Con: Not much WOW factor
Direct Print Coro – Digitally printed coroplast. All colors
Pro: Customers love it, offers lots of variation and WOW, still relatively inexpensive.
Con: Scratches VERY easily. Doesn’t stay looking nice very long. Must take great care in
transporting and storing.
Vinyl on Coro – Exterior grade vinyl laid on coroplast. All colors
Pro: Not easily scratched or damaged, long lasting, Huge WOW factor.
Con: Can fade over time, most costly
**Ground conditions. Dry/Hard/Frozen.
**Barking dogs, motion lights, ring doorbells/cameras, and sprinklers.
**Are you a guest or a trespasser?
TIPS from Blenda
* Do not wear fip-flops on deliveries – always have on tennis shoes or closed toe shoes.
* Organize your words in bins and have your staff put them back in order after an event so you are ready for the next use.
* Start simple, you can get basic Happy Birthday, HBD or main events you wish to celebrate. Then add in the letters for names if you feel your market will respond with sales.
* When sales increase you can purchase additional sets or new items to your inventory.
* Gated communities sometimes do not allow you into the subdivision as a vendor during certain hours so you may not be able to enter in a branded vehicle.
* Have a Check List of questions to ask your clients in advance to not waste your time going to do a delivery at an odd hour and not be able to enter the gated subdivision.
* Custom Balloon Font Birthday and Black letter kits from I Heart Balloons are available.
If you would like to order balloon letter starter kit for you business go to
For notes with tips and helpful links go to Balloon Coach Community on Facebook and go to Unit 11.
If you would like assistance in growing your thriving balloon business and photos and checklists to help you in the process of marketing and selling your balloon designs join Balloon Boss Mastermind at BalloonCoach.com.
Take one step forward today that your future self will thank you for.
Joette Giardina, CBA
Mentor. Motivator. Speaker
Sheetals Yard designsI want to share some great and exciting news. I just hit $40,088.50 in sales yesterday. It took me a year last year to make that much and now in just 2 months and 15 days I have made this much money. Here is my story and hope this inspires you.
Sheetal and her Family I am a wedding and event planner, event designer ( fabric draping) and also a balloon professional. When the pandemic started and events were cancelled, I had nothing to do but to stay home , read books , finish my courses which I had paid for from other fields. For 15 days I did just that..but when I reached the module on Marketing in one of the courses, things just drastically changed for me.I had a biggest mindset shift while doing the course specially the marketing module. Initially I didn’t like marketing at all and felt it to be icky, salesly . simply put I was not comfortable marketing about my services. But while I was on Marketing module of the Course and when I heard in the course that you are doing a great disservice to people if you don’t let them know about your talent and skills and how you can help them, thereby making a greater impact and change in their lives. When I heard this, something dramatically changed inside in me. I started thinking how can I help people right now in this pandemic with the current skills I have. Suddenly I realized YES, I can help people by providing balloons to their yard…I had been displaying balloons in my yards as part of the One Millions Bubbles project to cheer people in my community when the pandemic started so why not sell my services and provide balloons to people’s yard so they can have something colorful to look outside their window there by bringing them happiness and joy. At the Same time I had just stumbled on the yard art group on FB . I put the two together marketing mindset shift and Yard art balloons and took massive action . I immediately let people know that as a balloon artist I can help them in this pandemic. I started advertising in FB groups , towns mom groups about how I can help provide yard balloons to families to help with birthdays, anniversaries, graduations Mother’s Day , father da , engagement etc . Everyone is stuck at home and no events are happening. So by providing no contact yard balloons I can bring joy to families and their loved ones. I started advertising March end and from April 1st I have been flooded with orders. My business has just taken off..and I have been crazy busy with orders ever since .I have had total of 233 orders so far for yard balloons and more orders are coming in . The biggest shift in my sales number came when I spoke to Joette after having crossed $8000 sales the first few weeks of April and she told me to raise my prices to make more money without getting burnt out.
Joette & Sheetal at Promotions & Profits Orlando 2019I did exactly that , Joette gave me the confidence that it was okay to raise my prices .. I followed her advice the Same night we were chatting … raised my prices and people are still booking me at my higher prices. I recently did a webinar in May with Joette and Sara and shared some of my story, my yard pictures and pricing. Do check it out when u get a chance. Attaching few recent pictures of my yard decor . Enjoy
Thank you Sheetal for sharing your journey with us! Do you feel inspired?
Sheetal at Parade Promotions & Profits Orlando 2017Do you feel a bit more confident that YOU TOO can make your dreams in the Balloon Industry Reality? Here are ways you can Increase your confidence as your grow your balloon business, like Sheetal Increased her confidence:
- Invest in your training and attend a hands on program with Balloon Coach to increase your skills and knowledge.
- Grow your professional network and surround yourself with like minded business owners
- Practice your balloon designs and Sell what you Share
- Read books on business development
- Participate in Online learning and take action on tips from mentors in the industry
- Sheetal shared more of her story and details about the price point she charges and the steps she took to increase her sales during social distancing.
Balloon Business Owner: Strive for Progress not PerfectionWhat is the first thing that came to mind when you read those words? Did you think, “I am always going for perfection.” Or did you think, “I take action and don’t worry if things are not perfect.” As the owner of a business it is really easy to get in a rut, and not produce new options for our clients, or try new marketing as we wait to be perfect. Perfection is often used as an excuse, masking our fear of reaching out to a new market or creating a new service. Today as I write this blog it is May 2, 2020. I realize that this message is more important for me to share than ever. March 13th was my last day of working at the Party People Events shop as the retail manager before working from home during stay safe at home due to Covid-19. Our company is back to doing non-contact deliveries in Central Florida, but we are unsure when the retail shop will reopen. Over these weeks I have been hosting online meetings with my Balloon Boss Mastermind Members and open forums with other balloon professionals to make plans to not just survive but Thrive! I have been interacting with balloon business owners that have never stopped working from the start of this pandemic. They are in cities that allowed them to keep working and bringing joy to our clients during this scary time. I have also worked with many balloon pros who are now having to juggle a full time job, their balloon business and serving as the homeschool teacher for their kids will dealing with their spouse also working from home. In crazy times like these, it is easier than ever to make an excuse not to move forward if we let our brains make us think we have to do things perfectly to move forward. As I have been doing extra one to one sessions, I realize that so many need to hear this message. There is a NEW NORMAL. During what often is the busiest time of the year for large scale events, our industry (for those who are able to work due to City and State guidelines) have now pivoted to providing outdoor yard decor or non-contact delivery bouquet and gifts. Are you a person that is stuck on STOP or PAUSE mode because you are afraid to move forward as you are waiting to have the “perfect system”, “perfect product”, “perfect pricing”, “perfect marketing”? Example One of your balloon business goals – Write One Social Media Post a Day on Facebook to share the new services you are offering. Perfection Blocks:
- I’m not a good writer
- I don’t have a great photo of my non contact deliveries
- I don’t think the balloon design is good enough to post
- No one is going to read it anyway
- I’m not creative
- I don’t have many followers on social media
- …and the list goes on and on
- Set your action plan this week: download the worksheets from the Spring Forward challenge, or my Mastermind Members download you Schedule to success.
- Focus on the things that will bring you money if you are in need of cash flow
- If you have been having stress, and not feeling well focus on task that bring you strength and energy
- Surround yourself with positive people and a mentor to help you focus on progress
- Set an accountability partner to push you to take action
- Posting a photo on social media with a call to action to call our office, or fill out the contact form now has a chance to catch a perspective customer’s eye rather than not creating a post
- Setting a pricing guide with the top 4 items you want to offer and prices allows for you to quote efficiently and make money
- Create a balloon design you want to sell and take photo of it and share it online
- Post on your balloon business facebook page or instagram account
- Schedule to success program for marketing your business, what I did to grow a home based business to $150,000 a year in sales.
- Ongoing support and insights now from my role as the Marketing Manager, and retail manager at Party People Events as our team did over $600,000 in sales in 2018 and again in 2019. Growing a team can be scary, and is not easy but it allows for you to have time with your family and to enjoy life knowing your team is taking care of your clients.
- Access to over $4,000 of online training and support for just $97 a month, coupon code currently set for just $47 for your first month to help you take the first step to moving forward with progress over perfection.
- Training on how to create high profit decor.
- Photos you can use as your own in marketing
- Surround yourself with uplifting people
Your Partner in Success,Balloon Boss Mastermind
- Positive Mental Attitude – Create your own sunshine
- Family/Personal time for renewal
- Work on Task for your business to make it stronger and more efficient
- Stay connected to your customers and followers
- Stay connected to other balloon professionals join Balloon Coach Community
- Create your Vision Board and write your goals
- Practice balloon designs you have always wanted to have a photo of
- Learn something new daily via Webinars, Balloon Boss Mastermind, books, podcast. Take advantage of all the online learning available.
- Do something daily that makes you smile, laugh and brings you JOY!
5 Ways to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone to Create Your Thriving Balloon BusinessWhen was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone and took a risk or did something you were not 100% confident about, in order to grow your balloon business? Do you ever hear a tip in a webinar, blog or social media post from another balloon or business professional and think to yourself, “I can’t do that!” I GET IT. I’ve been there and face that battle on a daily basis. Some things come naturally to us and others take a bit more work. You must study and practice to get the same results as others with “natural skills.” Today I want to assure you that YOU can create the reality you want for the future, based on the action steps you take each day. If you have found the fear of, or lack of knowledge or skill in an area has held you back from growing your balloon business, here are 5 steps to get out of your comfort zone:
- Write down your “why”. Why is it that you want to have a Thriving Balloon Business?
- Write down the results you want from the income you produce from your balloon business.
- Write down the activities you have seen other growing companies do that you have been uncomfortable personally taking action on.
- Identify the first support person or employee that can help you take your business to the next level.
- Reach out to a mentor, coach or training to increase your skills and confidence in the areas you struggle in.
Personally,I have struggled with my weight since childhood. In 2018, I made a decision after my father passed away at 75, that I wanted to have a longer life than that. In 2 year,s have lost 96 pounds. I still have a continued weight loss journey, but a number that I used to think was impossible to shed is now gone! I feel so much better and have more energy to create amazing balloon decor and interact with our clients. My knees don’t hurt anymore climbing stairs and I don’t get out of breath like I used to. Create What you Wish Existed is a message I feel the need to share with you, my balloon family. I love hearing stories from those who take action from our BalloonCoach.com webinars, Balloon Boss Mastermind Group Coaching and training, and our unique hands on training in Florida to help you THRIVE personally and professionally. Today know you do not have to travel the journey to make your dreams reality alone. If I can make my dreams come true so can you!
The “secret sauce” to success is:
- Mindset. We Create the things we Believe to be true!
- Surround yourself by Positive, motivated people!
- Educate yourself on the things you do not know.
- Take action daily to move forward no matter the obstacles you face
Take time to write a plan:
- Why is it that you are in the Balloon Industry?
- What do you want to do to improve your life and others?
- Create your action steps for growing your thriving balloon business, to help you reach those personal and professional goals.
Balloon Business Owner, How is Your Forgetting Curve?
Have you ever gone to a balloon or business training, workshop or convention and been super excited about everything you learned and can’t wait to get home to use the information and then not taken action on what you learned?
Research shows that:
- Within one hour, people forget an average of 50 % of information presented.
- Within 24 hours we forget an average of 70 percent of new information.
- Within a week forget 90%.
- Take good notes! When at an event use a highlighter to select the top things you want to do when you return home.
- Use a daily journal or calendar to track the most important things you want to take action on.
- Set a day each month that you look back on past training to implement something new you learned in the past.
- Prioritize which items you want to do first, take one step forward at a time.
- Write your goals down.
- Create a vision board to visualize why you are doing what you are doing to see the future the way you want it to be. Great athletes visualize the victories before they happen.
- Think about how you will feel when you put a new system in place or are able to offer a new service to your clients as motivation to take action.
- Surround yourself with positive people who are also working towards making their goals reality.
- Increase your confidence to do new things without the fear of rejection or failure.
- Understand that failure is not the opposite of success, but success is a journey and not a destination.
- Invest in ongoing support and training. We all need reminders of the things we have learned but have put to the back of our brain.
- Invest in a coach to help you problem solve and encourage you to keep moving forward.
- Set a weekly schedule to success, time blocking the most important duties.
- State your goals publically or with an accountability partner to follow up with you.
GREAT NEWS! You have several resources available to help you reduce your forgetting curve and help you have ongoing training at your fingertips. Due to the struggles I have faced since starting in the balloon industry full time in 2003, I now share the training and insights with you to save you time and money to allow you to grow faster when you implement the action steps.
- BalloonCoach.com BLOG
- Balloon Boss Mastermind ongoing coaching, support & Training
- Books on business
- Podcast on business
- Notes from previous trainings you have attended.
- Grab your seat for Balloon Boss Pro Summit and have access to our Bonus online class on Marketing, Brand Messaging and Goal Setting
- Hang out in Balloon Coach Community to share tips and hints for growing your balloon business.
- Success is a Journey not a Destination
- Dream Big
- Believe in yourself
- Born to Succeed
- Create it
- Make it happen!
Packing List for FLOAT Balloon Convention 2020!FLOAT 2020 is right around the corner! I believe firmly in the quote – if you are not growing, you’re dying. That is one of the reasons that I have been attending balloon industry and business training since I started in the balloon industry full time in 2003. We are so blessed to be a part of an industry where people are giving, positive, and energetic to be around. Going to a convention with over 500 balloon professionals is an uplifting experience. FLOAT is my favorite balloon convention! (You may be thinking but Joette, don’t you put on a convention that should be your favorite?) I produce a Business Building Workshop limited to 96 attendees in Orlando every year in November. It is NOT a convention, although some refer to it as one. I have the utmost respect for the convention that Steve and his amazing team put on as it has 5 times the amount of people that I host in Orlando and is a different learning opportunity from what I host. I met the founding producer of FLOAT, Steven Jones, at a large group build he hosted prior to creating FLOAT called Balloon Town in Ohio. The experience was full of learning new things and meeting wonderful people whose work I had seen online on Balloonhq (the place we used to go for online connections before Facebook was created…YES to those of you who are much younger than I…there was a time Facebook did not exist!) I can’t wait to spend a week with my FLOAT family many of which are some of my best friends and support system, and met at FLOAT or other conventions. I missed the first FLOAT in 2008 due to a schedule conflict, but have been to every FLOAT since! From participant to competitor to instructor, and 2020 will be my fourth year as a sponsor for FLOAT! Come by the BalloonCoach.com booth in the vendor showcase, on Monday and Tuesday from 11:30 am to 6 pm. I’d love to meet you in person and give you a small gift if you tell me you read this blog! KEY Times to be in the Vendor Showcase are during the Raffle Drawings at 12:15 and 5:15 pm on Monday and Tuesday! A couple of the things that I enjoy about FLOAT are:
- The variety of balloon manufacturers and vendors all under one roof! That is real life; using products and balloons from multiple places.
- Spending time with balloon professionals around the world to see the similarities and differences in business around the world.
- Great content for social media. Take a lot of photos and share that you are at an international event learning from the top instructors in the industry!
- Many people do not realize our industry is an industry, so when I share that I’m taking courses from companies around the world it shows that I take my business seriously.
- Building a network with other balloon professionals that I can reach out to when feeling frustrated, burnt out or needing help. FLOAT feels like a Family Reunion!
- Get a boost of energy to keep growing my business and increase my motivation.
- Increasing my knowledge. No mater if the class I attend is an instructor that I have heard before or even a subject I teach on, I always walk away with a golden nugget of information, it might be something I learned in the past but have not put into play in my business yet to a brand new idea that makes me more efficient or more profitable.
- We forget 90% of what we learn, especially if we don’t put it to use. Many times attending a class on a topic we know about we hear something we had learned before but have not taken action on. This triggers us to take action and try something new to become more efficient or offer a new service to our customers to increase our profits.
- Positive mental attitude
- Smile and a good handshake
- Check what the size and weight requirements are for suitcases from your airline
- Put suit cases out a week in advance and start packing early so you are not totally rushed at the end. (I started my packing 3 weeks in advance)
- Hotel and air reservation typed into calendar (AND printed out if needed)
- Click this link for PDF Schedule, It is a nice graph for each day Sat -Wednesday. SAVE each day of the calendar onto your phone photos so you can easily access the schedule on your phone while you are at FLOAT!
- Delete photos from phone and tablet, camera or purchase additional memory cards to have room for over 1,000 photos!
- Pack a lot of business cards! You are meeting hundreds of new people it’s great to share your business cards to network after event. Seriously over 500 people will be there – bring lots of cards!
- Portfolio or marketing materials that you may share during conversation to get ideas from others on improvements you can make.
- Bring a special baggie or container (pencil pouch from the dollar store) or ladies even a cosmetic bag to put all the business cards in of the people you meet.
- Pack your POWER CORD for all electronics (WBC 2012 Jani Blocker was nice enough to buy me a universal power cord when I left my laptop cord at home – not cheap!)
- Tip from Steve pack in your carry-on a 3 outlet adapter to plug in your phone charger now you can share with 2 other people around you if there is only one plug and it’s being used you can still access power!
- Pack an extension cord with multiple plugs! They come in handy in your hotel room since we all have so many electronics! Make sure it is 3 prong, 3 plug end or power strip
- If you have one or more back up power pack or battery for your phone – bring all you have as you spend full days away from a power plug!
- Hand held luggage scale you can purchase at Walmart or online, helps from extra fees at check in at your flight.
- Chap Stick (The air is dry in St.Louis in the hotel -heater will be on due to cold outside)
- Hand lotion
- Jacket or sweater
- If you plan to go site seeing or to grocery store or out to meals a winter coat, gloves, hat etc. It’s going to be COLD.
- Logo clothing to show off your brand
- Balloon Coach Shirt from previous events to do a Balloon coach Group Photo on Monday at Noon in the Balloon Coach Booth of the Vendor Fair.
- Backpack or day bag to keep your notebook, notes etc. in from class to class, your Balloon Coach Bag from Retreat 2019 has a zipper and place for a water bottle perfect to carry to classes! (bring your luggage tag from Retreat so you know it’s your bag!)
- ORANGE clothes or accessories for Sunday night Kick off party! You will see some fun and wild orange costumes, wigs, boas to simple orange t-shirt. Trust me you want to wear something orange to this fun kick off event to show your FLOAT spirit! If you are a Balloon Boss Mastermind Member, or Alumni From Retreat and would like an Orange shirt for opening night email Joette@balloonCoach.com by Sunday January 12th with your shirt size to have A BalloonCoach Orange T-shirt for Sunday. Not a member YET you can join Balloon Boss Mastermind NOW to have ongoing support and access to over $3,000 of online training at your finger tips – and get the bonus Orange Balloon Coach – #BalloonBoss t-shirt delivered to you at FLOAT!
- Clothing for the Wednesday night Designer Awards Gala, theme “Bon Voyage – think cruise -saying good-bye to St. Louis” dress to impress!
- Ladies will be in fancy pant suits to elegant gowns.
- Gentleman will be wearing suits and some even a tux…so dress your best. This is FLOAT stage 2019 when Betallic presented me with the Inspire Award.
- At least 1 Pair of scissors in your checked luggage for jams and hands on classes.
- Hand pump for jams and hands on class. You don’t have to have this but it comes in handy from time to time.
- Vitamins or Emergen-C! Typically you get lack of sleep and you are hanging out with 500 people so keeping healthy is key!
- Small bottle of hand sanitizer
- Notebook, it’s nice to have extra pad of paper for notes
- Pens – easy to lose a pen or run out of ink
- Highlighter if you like to highlight notes during class
- Travel cup, water bottle or money to buy one to have beverages in class and in your room
- Travel Kleenex
- Nail clippers and file, with all the balloon work you are bound to break a nail!
- Static spray (heat will be on in hotel)
- Swimsuit there is an indoor pool and hot tub at the host hotel.
- FILES for the weeks events. If you are running crews while you are away and plan to be in touch with your crew. Email the information to yourself if you wish to review.
- $$$$ You will want to have some cash and credit cards ready for meals and purchasing items from vendors on Monday and Tuesday , stop by and see me at the BalloonCoach.com booth!
- IF at all possible, plan for a full 8 hours of sleep night before your flight. Once you get to FLOAT it is easy to lose track of time and be up in the lobby talking to a new friend til all hours of the night and morning!
- Favorite granola bars, nuts, dried fruit etc. as many times you don’t take time to eat because you are visiting with people, good to keep your energy level up.
- If you have a BalloonCoach T-shirt, Bag or Button from Past event please bring with you. Wear your BalloonCoach T-shirt on Monday! Thank you!
- Not a Balloon Coach Member yet? When you sign up for Balloon Boss Mastermind (discount at FLOAT) or Balloon Boss Pro Summit 2020 (Orlando November) you can select a Balloon Coach item as your bonus gift in addition to saving money!
- What part of your business do you want to expand?
- Who are your Target Clients, which classes focus on items for that market.
- What area of your business do you currently struggle in and need help with that will lead you to making more income.
- Then I pick one or two classes just for fun to be inspired.
- Who are the instructors you are inspired by their designs or by their Business Model? Example Johnathon Shelly Gerber runs his business with a team of employees at a building he leases. Melissa Rhea Vinson runs her business home based with a work studio on her property. BOTH are great designers and create beautiful balloons. But one may inspire you a bit more than the other as they have the type of business model you wish to have. Some want to always be home based…others prefer to expand outside of their home (neither is right or wrong) That is the cool thing about our industry there are so many options and only YOU determine which route is best for you.
- This year I’m looking forward to learning from some new instructors I have never met before. And to be honest some of them I know little about. I will be reading more on their Bios and checking out their websites and social media feed this week to help me make my final decisions of which classes to attend.
- Before you get to FLOAT review instructors Bios – check out their website or Social media see which ones inspire you the most or have a business model you would like to have.
- When you arrive at FLOAT look over the Book of Notes you purchased. I get the Color Notes as it’s most helpful for me when I need to go back and look things up — I have all my past convention books in my office to refer back to as needed. IF YOU did not order a book in advance I encourage you to order one as you register to be printed for you and even if you get it later in the week its a very valuable tool as you get the notes from all the General Classes.
- TIP one of the cool things with FLOAT during GENERAL Classes is you are allowed to leave a class and go to another one during the same time frame. Just be respectful to the instructor and delegates and leave the room quietly and enter the other class quietly. Each General Class is Offered twice, typically back to back.
- Post on Social media you are attending the event (let your customers know you are continuing your education)
- Post on your Business Page and your personal bag that you are traveling to St. Louis and then post from the event. I cannot count how many people have stopped me at networking events at home to say WOW I never realized the Balloon Industry was a thing and your photos from your trip were Amazing!
- Put out a Press Release before you go to the event – or after to get the most PR potential from the event for FREE marketing!
- Purchase items from the sponsors at the vendor showcase, No, you can’t purchase everything. But realize the reason people are selling items is to help make back the money they invested in the event. I do my best to support distributors that attend conventions and that provide education for the industry (something to think of next time you go to look for who to buy your balloons from).
- At the Balloon Coach Booth you can register for Balloon Boss Pro Summit Orlando 2020, Balloon Boss Mastermind and talk about other One to One and small group training available in Florida.
- Post thank you messages, and send a note of thanks to the company or people who organize the event you attend.
- Give your honest feedback on what you liked and what can be improved in the future
- Putting on a convention is a huge undertaking. Take time to thank the producers, staff, instructors and sponsors.
- As you post photos in the future of jobs you land, or increased income from classes you take give a shout out to the teachers and event you learned from
Using Graphics to Design, Inspire and UpsellLearn online 24/7 from anywhere in the world at BalloonCoach.com Email Joette@ballooncoach.com with any questions you may have.
- What systems do you have in place to make sure your clients are served and money continues to be earned if you are not able to work?
- What would happen if you were the one with the medical emergency?
- Do you have someone who knows how to access your files?
- Does anyone know how to contact clients and be able to create the balloons and set the decor or fill in if you are an entertainer?
- Network with balloon professionals in your area that might be able to cover for you if needed
- Have your recipes, directions to venue, contact info and all details set in writing or in computer system to easily be accessed
- If you don’t have an employee yet, have family member or friend trained to know how to find this info to pass onto another balloon pro
- Start the process of having a part time or full time staff member who could step in and take care of the event for you
- Dream Big!! If the idea of having staff makes you nervous and you tend to be a bit of a “control freak” I encourage you to read the book The E-Myth Revisited. It has a great perspective on business and why many fail for not having business systems in place and share steps to put in place to grow.
Joette Giardina, CBA Mentor. Motivator. Speaker. Join Balloon Boss MastermindOngoing support and training to grow a thriving balloon business!