One of the reasons for building BalloonCoach.com is over my time in the Balloon Industry I have met WAY too many people who under value your their time and talents and do not charge enough for their decor. I have seen too many people go out of business, or even bankrupt. I don’t want that to happen to you!
Below are key points from the webinar.
5 Steps to help you Determine the Value of Your Time!
It’s not a magic formula, time to do your homework:
- VALUE YOURSELF….understand being an OWNER of a company is different than being an employee.
- Online Resources article on determining Salary, Payscale.com, Salary.com allow you to put in your zip code and check income in your area or compare to other areas.
USA minimum wage is $8.25 an hour
- Talk to other Business owners in your area or research like industries. When determining rate of pay for your staff who inflate balloons for you. The people I’ve talked to pay $10- $20 an hour for their workers and then per job or salary for Crew leaders.
- LOOK at the big picture as the Owner you wear many hats: receptions, designer, sales, supply clerk, creator – inflation of the balloons, delivery man, and OWNER.
- Write out your Overhead – go through a business plan template. Understand the Over head number separate from your Salary number
other online resources
Great article on determining wage or salary
Here is a GREAT video to refer to if people ask you to do things for free! Helps you feel confident in standing up for yourself and getting paid for your time.
I would love to hear from you – Like Balloon Coach on Facebook and start a conversation there, or email Joette@ballooncoach.com I love to hear stories of what you are charging now and what you determine your value is moving forward as you grow your business!
Visit BalloonCoach.com to find out more about or Monthly Class Pass for amazing guest speakers, coaching plans and More to help you Take Your Business to New Heights!
Your Partner In Success,
Joette Giardina, CBA