Balloon Business Owner: Strive for Progress not Perfection
What is the first thing that came to mind when you read those words?
Did you think, “I am always going for perfection.”
Or did you think, “I take action and don’t worry if things are not perfect.”
As the owner of a business it is really easy to get in a rut, and not produce new options for our clients, or try new marketing as we wait to be perfect.
Perfection is often used as an excuse, masking our fear of reaching out to a new market or creating a new service.
Today as I write this blog it is May 2, 2020. I realize that this message is more important for me to share than ever. March 13th was my last day of working at the Party People Events shop as the retail manager before working from home during stay safe at home due to Covid-19. Our company is back to doing non-contact deliveries in Central Florida, but we are unsure when the retail shop will reopen.
Over these weeks I have been hosting online meetings with my Balloon Boss Mastermind Members and open forums with other balloon professionals to make plans to not just survive but Thrive! I have been interacting with balloon business owners that have never stopped working from the start of this pandemic. They are in cities that allowed them to keep working and bringing joy to our clients during this scary time.
I have also worked with many balloon pros who are now having to juggle a full time job, their balloon business and serving as the homeschool teacher for their kids will dealing with their spouse also working from home.
In crazy times like these, it is easier than ever to make an excuse not to move forward if we let our brains make us think we have to do things perfectly to move forward.
As I have been doing extra one to one sessions, I realize that so many need to hear this message. There is a NEW NORMAL. During what often is the busiest time of the year for large scale events, our industry (for those who are able to work due to City and State guidelines) have now pivoted to providing outdoor yard decor or non-contact delivery bouquet and gifts.
Are you a person that is stuck on STOP or PAUSE mode because you are afraid to move forward as you are waiting to have the “perfect system”, “perfect product”, “perfect pricing”, “perfect marketing”?
One of your balloon business goals – Write One Social Media Post a Day on Facebook to share the new services you are offering.
- I’m not a good writer
- I don’t have a great photo of my non contact deliveries
- I don’t think the balloon design is good enough to post
- No one is going to read it anyway
- I’m not creative
- I don’t have many followers on social media
- …and the list goes on and on
The Spring Forward Challenge is not a contest to compare yourself to others. The spring forward challenge is a start for you to focus on making progress in your business; to make your dreams and goals for growing a thriving balloon business reality.
Choose to strive for Progress now, and stop letting perfection be your road block.
Take Action THRIVE!
This is the mantra I started sharing in Orlando, November 2019 at our annual live workshop to help the 100 attendees at the event move forward in making their dreams reality.
- Set your action plan this week: download the worksheets from the Spring Forward challenge, or my Mastermind Members download you Schedule to success.
- Focus on the things that will bring you money if you are in need of cash flow
- If you have been having stress, and not feeling well focus on task that bring you strength and energy
- Surround yourself with positive people and a mentor to help you focus on progress
- Set an accountability partner to push you to take action
When you take action steps forward in your business you are opening up the possibilities for growth.
- Posting a photo on social media with a call to action to call our office, or fill out the contact form now has a chance to catch a perspective customer’s eye rather than not creating a post
- Setting a pricing guide with the top 4 items you want to offer and prices allows for you to quote efficiently and make money
- Create a balloon design you want to sell and take photo of it and share it online
- Post on your balloon business facebook page or instagram account
I encourage you over the next week to look at the things that you may have been putting off completing or going after while you wait for perfection.
Confidence grows by taking action, and learning from the experience.
I’d like to share a bit of a personal journey with you on this concept and why it really spoke to me as a subject to share with you.
It is easy to get caught in the trap of not doing something…waiting on perfection. I am so thankful that back in 2014 a dear friend, Pat Crossland asked me an important question of WHEN. She knew my dreams of starting a training program with an online platform to share the resources I wish were available back in 2003 when I started my full time journey in balloons.
I had doubts and concerns about if what I was building would be perfect to fit the needs of others. Pat encouraged me to set a deadline and go for it. Balloon Coach was started in January of 2015! It took time to build out my online platform, we launched my first webinar program in September of 2015 with David Mahoney of Balloons Everyday as our first speaker.
When I hear the testimonies from clients around the world how our Balloon Boss Mastermind Group Coaching, webinars and hands on training has helped motivate them, given them the guidance and support for success, I understand more than ever the importance to Strive for Progress and not Perfection. My programs were created to provide the information I wish I would of had in my life in 2003 when I started in the industry full time. To save people time and money by having a path to reach success quicker.
What have YOU been holding back from doing…waiting for Perfection?
If I had waited on Perfection to start Balloon Coach, NONE of these resources would be here to support you in your journey!
Do you ever feel alone on your balloon business journey?
Spend hours, days or months looking for an answer on how to do something for your business and would love to find out that info quickly?
Check out Balloon Boss Mastermind. It’s time to Strive for Progress not Perfection!
See why our members say “it’s the best investment I have made in my balloon business”
In Balloon Boss Mastermind you get access to
- Schedule to success program for marketing your business, what I did to grow a home based business to $150,000 a year in sales.
- Ongoing support and insights now from my role as the Marketing Manager, and retail manager at Party People Events as our team did over $600,000 in sales in 2018 and again in 2019. Growing a team can be scary, and is not easy but it allows for you to have time with your family and to enjoy life knowing your team is taking care of your clients.
- Access to over $4,000 of online training and support for just $97 a month, coupon code currently set for just $47 for your first month to help you take the first step to moving forward with progress over perfection.
- Training on how to create high profit decor.
- Photos you can use as your own in marketing
- Surround yourself with uplifting people
Whatever your DREAMS are, I look forward to supporting you as you create a Thriving Balloon Business!
Write your action plan for this week now from the Spring forward challenge or balloon boss mastermind Schedule to success.
Go take action to Strive for Progress not Perfection this week!
Do one thing today that your future self will thank you for.
Your Partner in Success,
Create Your Thrivinghttp://ballooncoach.com Balloon Business