I get a lot of emails and friend request a few things I have noticed lately. People don’t sign their emails! How do I know who firstname.lastname@example.org is? I don’t! One trick is to go into your email setting and set a signature that automatically goes on all your emails.
Signature should include:
- First and last name
- title, name of company
- phone number
This way when you email a question to someone or are interacting with a potential client they know who is contacting them – they can go to your website and have a way to call you!
I have had a LOT of request to join Facebook groups and friend request…the first thing I do is click on your page and look on the About Section to see if you are a Balloon Professional if I don’t recognize your name. I don’t know you are a Balloon Professional if you don’t have your information in your About section of your Personal Page! As we wrap up 2015 and start 2016 with a great start – Check your accounts Update information – put new photos up so People know you are a balloon pro! Personal pages should Lead me to your Business page! IF you do not know how to do that – check out our other Blogs on Facebook for Business!
One of the things I love about our industry is the amazing people I have met at conventions and online that have been willing to share their knowledge to help grow the industry.
To help our industry Grow here are a few tips when asking information.
- If you are friends with a balloon professional DO NOT post a question on their news feed about how to make things or sizing -that is to go in private message or email. (this is there way to communicate with their clients..not the place to ask questions about how to make things) That would be like going onto a Bakery’s Facebook page and asking for them to post their recipe for your favorite cake!
- Before you Post a question asking how to make something in a balloon group….do some leg work first! Have you searched for information – tried to figure it out on your own? Our society is so full of resources to find things…do a little digging first!
- Understand that not everyone can respond to all the questions they get. I have enjoyed teaching at conventions, however after a class often get more questions after the class that I’m not able to follow up with while running my business and focusing on my clients and family. That is why I made 3 DVD’s on the details of fabric draping – as I was unable to answer all the people who were asking me how to do each step – now they can purchase the DVD’s and get the step by step they need.
- When someone takes time to answer your How to question, they are taking time away from doing income producing activity with their clients – understand not everyone is able to stop their business to help you with your questions. That is why investing in Education so you build a support network to brainstorm with is important – so you too can help others out!
- JUST because it’s on the Internet does not mean it’s TRUE! I often see Incorrect info posted on facebook so be wise and research!
Write down your Goals and Make a Plan! Creating a successful business that can support you financially takes a lot of planning, hard work and structure. Locate business support services in your area to Grow as a professional!
INVEST in your Business!
January 2016, and the Spring is Full of GREAT opportunities for hands on learning! Some can be found at Upcoming Events I’m looking forward to seeing everyone at World Balloon Convention in New Orleans in April!
- set them, write them down
- everyone has different ones and that is OK! Some people work balloons full time other part time, do what is best for YOU!
BalloonCoach.com is excited about our January 11th webinar! Details here January 2016 this special 2 hour class, with 6 panelist will cover the top 10 things to Kick off 2016 to take your business to New Heights! BalloonCoach.com monthly webinar class pass is only $25 a month! To get Great information, a kick in motivation and tips from those who are having success and growing their business! All this from the comfort of your home! With our Pay now replay later you never Miss the information it’s always there for you in your memeber area. FOR best value sign up for the $25 a month Class pass and you can be on live and get the replay!
READY to crush your goals and would like a partner to help you reach your potential? Limited spots available in our One to One and Elite Coaching click here for more details Coaching
Wishing you Much success in 2016!
Your Partner in Success,
Joette Giardina, CBA
Mentor. Motivator. Speaker.
For more support and ongoing training go to BalloonCoach.com