Promotions & Profits Retreat
November 13-16, 2018
What will we be doing?
Balloon Decor will be Created for:
New Year’s Eve/Gala with balloon drops!
After the retreat all attendees will be provided with professional photos from the style shoots to use in your marketing to improve your Promotional Materials
What is a style photo shoot?
This is where we decorate for a mock event, bringing in a variety of vendors, in order to showcase the design and take professional photos of our work.
In addition to creating a magical environment for Guests from around the world, Walt and Roy Disney mastered the art of
business. They determined that leadership, service and employee engagement were key concepts that, when considered
holistically, would lead to maximum results. Not only have these time-tested core concepts helped establish Disney as one of
the world’s leading brands, they have also helped thousands of organizations around the world think differently about they can
deliver the long-term results they are capable of delivering.
This is your opportunity to engage experienced Disney professionals and observe key examples from a “living laboratory,” taking
you on stage and behind the scenes to explore firsthand how Disney business insights and time-tested methodologies are
operationalized to deliver a great customer experience.
© Disney DisneyInstitute.com
Participants must be at least 16 years old. There is walking involved, so comfortable shoes are recommended and attire should be suitable for current weather conditions. Closed toe and closed heel footwear is required to enter Central Shops.
Promotions & Profits Retreat 2018
Disney Springs Schedule
(schedule is subject to change)
This schedule has been created to give you an outline of what to expect from the week.
Just like when you work on a live event for a client sometimes things change a bit based on the event, and how your crew is operating.
We mix both hands on learning and focus on business to set plans to put what you learn into action while at the retreat,
and a solid plan of action for when you return home.
We have 9 amazing instructors, who will work side by side with you throughout the entire week no mater who the lead instructors are of the class.
Monday, November 12th
Bonus Experience (extra fee from base workshop)
11:30 am Meet in the Hotel Lobby to depart for Business Behind The Magic Tour At the Walt Disney World® Resort
***Must wear closed toe and closed heel footwear
8 pm – 9 pm Registration & Meet and greet come on down to the workshop Lobby, get your name tag
Grab your Beach bag from Clik -Clik full of great samples and your workbook for the retreat.
Hug old friends and instructors and meet new friends to get ready for an amazing week!
Tuesday, November 13th
7 – 8 am am Rise and shine (optional)
9 am Overview of the week, expectations, introductions
9:30 am Soar with Social Media, Liz Romani & Mindy Neal
10:30 am Marketing to Proms & Themed Events Step 1 Joette & Mindy
11:00 am Refer it Out or Create it? Fabric, Feathers & Lighting – Joette Giardina & Johnathon Gerber
- Pipe and Drape and Ceiling canopies
- Terminology to purchase or rent top requested decor items outside of balloons
- Install Fabric Décor for Prom Style shoot
- Feathers with flair, subcontract or create your own? How to make your own and storage.
- Create a Feather Centerpiece
12 pm – 1 pm Networking Lunch time (paid for in your registration)
1 pm to 6 pm Making Theme dreams come True – King of Latex Eddie Heyland, Jan Iiams & Liz Romani
Hands-on build for Prom Style Photo Shoot and Deeper dive to Marketing exercises for Prom & School Events
- Balloon Walls, Square Pack, Garland and Link o loon
- Framing for Structures
- Ceiling Chandeliers
- Entrance Arch
- Fun Photo Opp
- How to Market to Prom Sponsors
- How to work with Prom Committees
- Create Social Media and an Online presence that make schools want to work with you
6 – 8 pm Dinner Break on your own
8 – 9 pm Learning into Action. Learning new techniques and marking is a start
Planning for the future is key, set plans to paper to make your dreams for the end of 2018 and start of 2019 come true.
Wednesday, November 14th
7 – 8 am Rise and Shine (Optional)
9 am – Noon The Elegant side of Balloons – Wedding Designs Cody Williams, CBA & Texas Master Florist
- Organic Arches with an artistic style
- Ceiling Chandeliers, Centerpieces
- Adding texture to your designs ribbon, floral and lighting
- How to market with photos from a style shoot
- How to work with a local florist to reproduce floral accents
12:00 – 1:00 pm Networking Lunch (paid for in your registration)
1:00 pm – 4 :00 pm The Elegant Side of Balloons For Weddings Caity Byrne, CBA
- How to create amazing organic walls that wow
- How to create lovely organic for any framed design to meet your clients custom request
- Complete hands on build and staging for the photos
4:00 – 5:00 Creating a Magical Moment Wedding Balloon drop Caity Byrne, CBA
5:00 pm – 6:00 Final Prep for Wedding Style Photo Shoot
6 – 8 pm Dinner on your own
8 – 9 pm Mastering the power of networking in the wedding and special events industry – Team Panel
- What to expect from networking events
- How to build relationships with Key vendors so they Know, Like, Trust and REFER You!
- what to say and do
- building relationship through industry organizations
- Plan of action for when you get home
Thursday, November 15th
7:00 – 8:00 am Rise and Shine (Optional)
9:00 am – Noon Creating New Year’s Eve Magic – Gary Ledbetter, MacGyver of Balloons
- Balloon drops realities of rigging
- Special effects -exploding balloons
- Pricing special effects for good profit
- Preparing for plan A, B, C
- What to keep in your tool box
- Hands on build for New Year’s Eve
- Marketing New Year’s Eve
12:00 – 1:00 pm Networking Lunch ( Paid for in your registration)
1:00 -2:30 pm Computer Lab, Team Brainstorming for New Year’s Eve Promotions
2:30 pm – 5:00 pm complete team build for New Year’s Eve
5 pm – Freshen up for New Year’s Eve Dinner and Style shoot
(Dress like you are going to a Nice NYE Event Ladies can wear dresses or black slacks etc, Men prefer a Tie and button down shirt, jacket or suit)
6 pm – 10 pm Dinner, New Year’s Eve Photo shoot (part of your registration)
Friday, November 16th
7:00 -8:00 am Rise and Shine (optional)
9 am – 10:30 am Making the most profit from your Photo’s, Video and Social Media
10:45 am -Noon Branding Joette Giardina, CBA & Caity Byrne, CBA
- How to create the right brand for you and your business
Noon – 1 pm Networking Lunch
1 pm – 3 pm Pool Décor Style Shoot – Johnathon Gerber
- How to weight your pool décor
- Working with Air and helium in and above a pool
- Safety Concerns
- Who purchases pool decor?
- Checklist for Client
3 pm – 5 pm Pool Décor Organic Style Caity Byrne, CBA
- Designing Pool décor
- Pricing Pool Décor
5 pm – 6 pm Final Session with Joette & Mindy Write it down, finalize your plan to Promote & Profit as you return home.
6 – 7 pm Mastering the art of strike and load out All the Team
7:30 pm – Promotions & Profits Retreat goes to Disney Springs!