- Find out how many people they can have at their venue for a sit down dinner with a dance floor.
- Do they have a variety of spaces available.
- Who would your client contact to book the space.
- Then share how you can make the space look amazing.
- Find out the types of events they typically host.
- Take Photos, so that when a client calls you to decorate the space you can easily refer to that venue file of photos to make the best suggestions.
- Show them some of your work, and find out how you go about being on their preferred vendor list.
Site Visit Challenge! While on a site visit with a local venue I did a Facebook Live. If you would like to see the video: Members of Balloon Coach Community on FB go to the group https://www.facebook.com/groups/ballooncoachcommunity/ And click on the Post from Thursday, 10/19 with caption Check out this video with a challenge and info on how you can win a $300 value ticket to our January online workshop. If you are not a member yet of Balloon Coach Community of facebook Click here to view I started my full time career in balloons in 2003. Over the years as my business grew one of the questions I would get from other balloon professionals is, “how did you grow your client base?” RELATIONSHIPS, and TAKING ACTION DAILY! Yep, that is 2 Keys to success. If you are not willing to step out of your comfort zone and do things that may scare you a bit you are NOT going to Grow as much as the guy who is willing to go for it! Thus my Site Visit Challenge to you! Next week Go out and meet at least 1 new venue you have not been to, or have not talked to the sales manager yet. Do this each week for a year and you will have 52 venues you are familiar with and with proper follow up great referral sources! What do I mean by site visit? Research the venues in your local area that hold the type of events that you wish to decorate for. Contact the venue and schedule a meeting for a site visit. Some may ask, why do I have to go in person, can’t I just send an email? RELATIONSHIPS Venues are going to refer business to people they Know, Like and Trust. To build a true relationship you need to meet someone face to face, shake their hand, smile, take interest in them. So when you go on the visit it’s not about a Sales Pitch of Buy my Balloons. While on the Site Visit