Packing List for Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando 2018!I am really looking forward to Promotions & Profits Retreat 2018 – this is a hands on workshop produced by BalloonCoach.com to help you increase your skills and confidence. I keep these workshops under 100 participants to help increase face time with the instructors. I create the types of training that I wish would of existed when I started in the industry in 2003. Promotions & Profits Retreat was created to:
- Have our instructors share their business journey including their struggles and successes.
- Talk real numbers and focus in on high profit decor pieces, that you can train staff to create so that you can build a business that can run without you inflating a balloon.
- Build a network with other balloon professionals that you can reach out to when feeling frustrated, burnt out or needing help. Networking Lunch everyday as part of the program.
- Get a boost of energy during a time that burn out can easily happen to leave motivated to rock the end of the year and start the next year fully charged!
- Gain knowledge, even our clients who have attended with dozens of years of experience in the industry learn a new trick or procedure to make their business more efficient or increase profits.
- Increased confidence in building solid decor, understanding what it takes to price for profit and tools to market your business.
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs
1805 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830 If you are still making a reservations please use the link on the website /orlando-2018-retreat/
There is NO HOTEL shuttle from the airport.
You can put the UBER app on your phone (and if you hook up with another retreat person it can save you money)
BEFORE coming to the workshop if you are not already in our Retreat Facebook Group, send a PM to Joette Meyers Giardina on FB for me to put you in the group.
This group has several videos showing you what is around the hotel area, a tour of the hotel plus a post where people are introducing themselves. Great place to ask someone to share an uber from the airport – or see who has a car to run to the grocery store, or if people are coming early or staying after to go be a tourist with!
BONUS EXPERIENCE – Disney Institute. Be at the Hotel Lobby at 11:30 am on Monday the 12th We will return around 4 pm. Wear closed Toe and closed heal shoes – we will ride a bus to 3 different locations and then walk the tour and there will be some steps (if you are unable to do stairs or have a wheelchair email Joette ASAP, as we have to request a special bus for wheelchairs)
REGISTRATION at Event
Monday Night 8 – 9 pm in the Ballroom Lobby, get your goodie bag and Name tag and workbook with the full event schedule.
Tuesday Registration open 8 am to 9 am in Ballroom lobby.
First Class is Tuesday at 9 am.
For those driving in daily arrive early to purchase your Day Self-Parking pass $5 a day and you can purchase for the week.
For those staying at hotel under our room block the resort fee is waived and self parking rate for our event is $12 a night
Retreat Details can be found at /orlando-2018-retreat/
An area with 24 hour grocery store and food from fast food to sit down is .8 of a mile down the road with a sidewalk to get there if you wish to walk from the hotel.
FAQ – If I arrive early on Monday can I be of help? YES Monday from 9 am to 11 am and Monday 4 pm to 8 pm we will be inflating balloons in the ballroom for the photo opp area and to prep for Tuesday’s Classes. Check in at the Ballroom lobby to get an assignment.
ARE YOU PLANNING TO ATTEND THE FULL EVENT? If you know you are not able to attend the full day and will be missing Meals or days of the event, At registration Mark that on the special clip board on the table. We are charged with all meals that are ordered…let us plan correctly.Packing and Prep List for Promotions & Profits
- Hearing Protection – we will have over 10 pieces of inflation equipment running during the hands on portion of the workshop if you are bothered by noise or would like to protect your hearing bring – ear plugs or noise cancelling earmuffs or headset to use during the hands on portion of class daily.
- $$$$ You will want to have some cash and credit cards ready for meals not included. You will also have opportunities to purchase inflation equipment & BalloonCoach.com courses.
- Wednesday we will be taking head shots 2 photos per person, unretouched, digital files (comes with your registration) You can upgrade for a GREAT price!
- You will choose which background you wish to use with or without balloons.
- Upgrade head shot photo shoot for $35 Choose (1) favorite portrait from 15-20 photos, retouched final portrait in color and in black and white (will be emailed to you after event to choose the photo you wish for her to retouch or if you wish to later pay for additional retouched images) (you will give us the email address for photographer to send your photos to and choose the one you wish for her to retouch – if you wish to purchase more from her when you get the email you can do so and pay her directly via CC after retreat for additional retouched images)
- Make up artist to look your best for the photo shoot (guys can do this also – our makeup artist has worked for Burt Reynolds in past when in town) $20 each. Pay cash at registration.
- Pay for both of these services with cash on Sunday night or Monday at registration If you want Both the upgrade head shot and Makeup your total is $55
- The photographer and Make up artist I used for the 2 photos below is who will be on site.
- The first time I did head shots, a year before these I did my own makeup (left) and the photos were OK but I realized after this shoot how much better the photos turned out (right)
- Typically a Head shot like this will run from $125 to $300 to have makeup, 15 shots to choose from and retouching. You get the works for just $55…GREAT DEAL!
- Positive Mental Attitude
- Be OPEN to looking at things from a different perspective. It’s easy to get stuck in the mindset of, “I’ve always done it a different way”
- Smile and a good handshake, this is a time to connect with like minded people you can turn to in the future for support.
- Laptop or tablet if you have one, we will be working on custom marketing plan and you can put information directly into your computer to take action on what you are learning.
- Check what the size and weight requirements are for suitcases from your airline
- Put suitcases out a week in advance and start packing early so you are not totally rushed at the end. (the last week before a trip always seems to be crazy)
- Hotel and air reservation typed into calendar (printed out if needed)
- Delete photos from phone and tablet, camera or purchase additional memory cards to have room for lots of photos!
- Pack 100 business cards to exchange with others at retreat.
- Portfolio or marketing materials that you may share during lunch or evening conversations to get ideas from others on improvements you can make.
- Bring a special baggie or container or ladies even a cosmetic bag to put all the business cards in of the people you meet.
- Pack your POWER CORD for all electronics (WBC 2012 Jani Blocker was nice enough to buy me a universal power cord when I left my laptop cord at home – not cheap!)
- Pack an extension cord with multiple 3 prong plugs or power strip. Great in your hotel room since we all have so many electronics!
- If you have a back up power pack or battery for your phone – bring all you have as you spend full days away from a power plug!
- Hand held luggage scale you can purchase at Walmart or online, helps from extra fees at check in at your flight.
- Chap Stick
- Hand lotion
- Jacket or sweater dressing in layers is good we are in FL with the Air conditioning on -some will be cold, some hot as we transition from hands on work with balloons to classroom lecture.
- Logo clothing to show off your brand or specials outfit for your Head Shots.
- Luggage Tag – You will get a Beach Bag full of information from our sponsors so you know it is YOURS – grab a Creative Luggage tag and put your name on it. (They have at walmart).
- Dress your best outfit for Thursday nights New Year’s Eve dinner. Our colors are Black, Gold and Silver. You can wear any color you like. Men a Tie and slacks or Jacket. Ladies a nice blouse and pant or Dress – as if you were going out for a $100 a ticket date night. We will be the models in the video and photos for the New Year’s Eve Photo shoot.
- Comfortable shoes – we will be on our feet for the hands on builds each day.
- Sunglasses or hat/sunscreen for our Pool Class on Friday we will install out at the pool during part of the class for photos.
- At least 1 Pair of scissors in your checked luggage. If you like to wear an apron while doing hands on classes bring it.
- Hand pump if you have one for the Organics classes.
- Vitamins or Emergen-C! Typically you get lack of sleep due to talking with people to all hours of the night keeping healthy is key!
- Notebook, it’s nice to have extra pad of paper for notes
- Pens – easy to lose a pen or run out of ink
- Highlighter if you like to highlight notes during class
- Pain reliever, alergy medicine
- Travel cup or money to buy one to have beverages in class and in your room
- Travel Kleenex
- Nail Clippers and file, with all the balloon work you are bound to break a nail!
- Swimsuit there is a nice pool and hot tub open 7 am to 11 pm
- Work out clothes if you would like to hit the hotel gym or sidewalks for a wake up or end of the day workout.
- FILES for the weeks events. If you are running crews while you are away and plan to be in touch with your crew. Email the information to yourself if you wish to review.
- IF at all possible plan for a full 8 hours of sleep night before your flight. Once you get to Orlando it is easy to lose track of time and be up in the lobby talking to a new friend til all hours of the night and morning!
- Favorite granola bars, nuts, dried fruit etc. as many times you don’t take time to eat because you are visiting with people, good to keep your energy level up.
- Hand Sanitizer
- Leave room in your suitcase for the materials from our sponsors you will get a Beach Bag with some small items in, flyers and few small goodies – a Mini Bottle of HIFLOAT etc. Plus there is shopping available at Disney Springs for some Disney themed Christmas gifs and other upscale shopping!
- Make arrangements for your kids and family for anything they need while you are gone, have that Back up person that can help out if a kid gets sick at school and needs to come home early, a ride from school if they miss the bus etc.
- Prepare everything for your crew to run the business without you. If you have someone that can answer your business phone or email have them forwarded to them.
- If you run the business on your own set an email that says you are away at training and will return their email or call on November _________. If there is someone else they can contact on your crew give that email or phone number.
- Post on Social media you are attending the event (let your customers know you are continuing your education.) #BalloonCoach #Promotions&Profits
- Friends and clients LOVE to see that you are investing in your business an fun photos of your travels keep people interested in your business!
- Please post thank you messages, and send a note of thanks to the instructors that give you those ah-ha moments (without giving away the training you paid to learn)
- As you post photos in the future of jobs you land, or increased income from what you learn give a shout out and tag the instructors and Balloon Coach.