Losing Balloon Jobs to CompetitionToday’s post is shared with permission from David Mahoney, Owner/CEO of Balloons Everyday, Carroliton, TX (near Dallas) Tips #100 for Newbies – I am the biggest loser I have lost 27 jobs this month so far to competition, high prices, small budgets and other things. I am not talking about situations were someone just called for info (oh no, then my numbers would be even bigger). I am talking about 27 people that we got all the info about – when, where, what time, what do they want, how much, etc… I am talking about people that we were only waiting for payment or already got payment and they canceled after the fact.
Blog Tips for Balloon Professionals!I started a blog in 2009 for Party People, and found it was a great way to get potential customers to find me online. I always encourage balloon professionals to have a website to let your clients see your work. Having a blog attached to your website allows a way for you to connect more with your client base and keep your website current. People do business with those they know, like and trust and blogging is a way to share your services, value added content and for people to connect with and get to know you. If you have thought about starting a blog, or want to develop one you already have in progress here are 3 Things you shouldn’t launch your blog without! Click here to download the OUTLINE notes before watching the webinar. watch this free Webinar from blogging expert Stasia Rose, recorded live on March, 22 2018 I launched BalloonBossPro.com to help YOU grow your balloon business and provide you with the resources I wish I would of had back in 2003 when I started working with balloons as my full-time career! Just go to the website and click webinars to get details on the program and see who our next exciting speaker will be! I’m delighted to share that you now have access to training from business professionals around the world from our monthly Passport to Success Webinar program for just $25 a month, to Essentials and VIP Membership that give you support for SEO, Website, Video making and more. Find out more about this business support If you have any questions please email Joette@ballooncoach.com Your Partner in Success, Joette Giardina, CBA Mentor. Motivator. Speaker.
Action Taken Daily Equals ResultsOne of the top questions I get in business coaching is, what is the secret to gaining more customers? I will list the steps that myself and others that I know have taken to grown their balloon business…and you know what they all include? Hard work! Action taking daily! I have a question for you, and there is no right or wrong answer as we all have our own story and path. My questions are, are balloons: Your stress relief, your fun and enjoyment? Your hobby that makes a little money on the side? Your way out of a job you hate? Your way to have a job you Love? A small business that you work daily creating balloons yourself to earn an income? Or are you and entrepreneur building a legacy company that will stand the test of time and run without you tending to your clients, long after you retire to support you through a dream retirement of relaxation and time with your grandchildren and ones you love?
- Your money
- Your time
- Your energy
- Your devoted focus
- Your willingness to try new things
- Facing your fears and taking action anyway!
- Live Webinar – Business Development speaker the 4th Tuesday of every month 9 pm EST
- Live Action Plan and Q & A session with Balloon Coach Joette to review steps to take what you learned and apply to your business.
- Recordings of Both of those webinars in your Member Dashboard to watch whenever you need the information
- Encouragement to keep taking action in your business
Confidence and Communication to Grow Your Balloon BusinessWhen I took the step in 2003 to purchase a balloon business, I don’t think I really had any idea at the time how much confidence, self-esteem and communication would play an important role in the success of my business. I think by now most people have heard the saying “People do business with those they know, like and trust.” However, I don’t know that we always take to into account the need to evaluate where we are with ourselves. That is, what we need to do to present ourselves confidently to our clients and business networks. I started BalloonCoach.com for a variety of reasons. The #1 reason was to be a catalyst for our industry; to provide resources and training I wish I had had at my finger tips when I became a balloon business owner in 2003. When I bought the company, I immediately went to training on how to make the balloon decor, but what I was missing was HOW to be a business owner. I had self doubts. Some of the thoughts that went through my head as I grew my balloon business:
- “How am I to run a business? I don’t have a business degree!”
- “I don’t have the right clothes to wear to a networking lunch”
- “Who’s going to want to talk to “the balloon lady?”
- “I’m too fat to fit in at a networking event, no one is going to talk to me”
- “This client is not going to pay $1,000 for the balloon quote I just came up with”
Is your balloon business booming or are you having a rocky start to 2018?How is 2018 going for you? I know many that have had a rocky start to 2018 and others whose businesses are booming!
How do YOU define Business Success?Grab a piece of paper or the notes app on your phone and jot down your definition of Business Success.
- Is it a specific amount of money that your company earns?
- Is it the amount of money you are able to pay yourself from your business?
- Is it gaining a target client you have always wanted to work with?
- Is it working a____hour work week to spend the rest of your time enjoying life?
- Is it earning enough money to purchase a certain house, car or vacation?
- Is business success not about the money, but about enjoying the type of work that you do?
- Writing down those dreams, aspirations, goals, and intentions of what ever you wish to accomplish.
- Then believe in yourself that you can reach them.
- Put a plan in place.
- Share your dreams with an accountability partner.
- Take action.
- Daily – go bravely into your success.
Myth Busting – Bookkeeping for Balloon ProfessionalsAs BalloonCoach.com my goal is to bring resources to the balloon professional to make our lives easier! In 2003 when I purchased my balloon business, I did so because I enjoy creating memories and delighting my customers with balloon designs! I did not really think about all the ins and outs of being a business owner…like bookkeeping, insurance, contracts etc. I knew I wanted to be creative and have a career that I enjoyed and would also bring joy to others. However, all the other tasks associated with being a business owner seemed extremely tough to focus in on. Technology has developed so much since I became a business owner. The question is do you make use of what is available right at your finger tips on your computer and your phone? Time for some MYTH BUSTING Bookkeeping Truth It’s one of the best tools you can use to build your business to serve your life! To help you in doing that, I would like to introduce you to Brittany Whelchel, from Lakeland, Florida. Brittany is a Quickbooks online Advanced Trainer and Bookkeeper. I selected Brittany as our December 2017 Webinar guest, coming up on December 26th. As we talked I could tell she had a wealth of information and the passion to help out small business owners just like you and I. I asked if she would be willing to put on a FREE bonus class to give everyone an overview of bookkeeping to really understand the nuts and bolts prior to our Passport to Success webinar. My Challenge to you is if Bookkeeping is an area you struggle in…MAKE TIME to watch this FREE GIFT! Yes, it is an hour and a half. Play it while you are driving to hear the content. Watch it at your computer if you really need training on how to use Quickbooks online. At the end Brittany shares ways she can help you as a virtual bookkeeper if you are in need of that service. They can help FIX what you have in place, or help you get started if you are wanting to maintain it on your own but just need some expert eyes to help you out! This is our Christmas Gift to you! Click here for the recording of the free training! If you would like to get Quickbooks online for just $30 a month – a $240 a year savings contact – Brittany (even if you already have it) email: Brittany@StateOfTheSpark.com You can also email to get access to other online tutorials to help you out in your bookkeeping journey! NOW for the exciting part of Knowing your Numbers! They help you plan the future of your business head to BalloonBossPro.com and Join us Dec 26th to see how the numbers can help us determine pricing and our sales goals for 2018! Join in on the business conversation on Facebook at Balloon Coach Community When you ask to join you have 3 questions to answer and then we will accept you into the group! Your Partner in Success, Joette Giardina, CBA Mentor. Motivator. Speaker.
- They Create and Pursue Smart Goals.
- They Take Decisive and Immediate Action.
- They Focus on Being Productive, Not Being Busy.
- They Make Logical, Informed Decisions.
- They Avoid the Trap of Trying to Make Things Perfect.
- They Work Outside their Comfort Zone.
- They Keep Things Simple.
- They Focus on Making Small, Continuous Improvements.
- They Measure and Track Their Progress.
- They Maintain Positive Outlook as They Learn From Mistakes.
- They Spend Time With the Right People.
- They Maintain Balance in Their Life.