Balloon Business Owner, How is Your Forgetting Curve?
Have you ever gone to a balloon or business training, workshop or convention and been super excited about everything you learned and can’t wait to get home to use the information and then not taken action on what you learned?
Research shows that:
- Within one hour, people forget an average of 50 % of information presented.
- Within 24 hours we forget an average of 70 percent of new information.
- Within a week forget 90%.
- Take good notes! When at an event use a highlighter to select the top things you want to do when you return home.
- Use a daily journal or calendar to track the most important things you want to take action on.
- Set a day each month that you look back on past training to implement something new you learned in the past.
- Prioritize which items you want to do first, take one step forward at a time.
- Write your goals down.
- Create a vision board to visualize why you are doing what you are doing to see the future the way you want it to be. Great athletes visualize the victories before they happen.
- Think about how you will feel when you put a new system in place or are able to offer a new service to your clients as motivation to take action.
- Surround yourself with positive people who are also working towards making their goals reality.
- Increase your confidence to do new things without the fear of rejection or failure.
- Understand that failure is not the opposite of success, but success is a journey and not a destination.
- Invest in ongoing support and training. We all need reminders of the things we have learned but have put to the back of our brain.
- Invest in a coach to help you problem solve and encourage you to keep moving forward.
- Set a weekly schedule to success, time blocking the most important duties.
- State your goals publically or with an accountability partner to follow up with you.
GREAT NEWS! You have several resources available to help you reduce your forgetting curve and help you have ongoing training at your fingertips. Due to the struggles I have faced since starting in the balloon industry full time in 2003, I now share the training and insights with you to save you time and money to allow you to grow faster when you implement the action steps.
- BalloonCoach.com BLOG
- Balloon Boss Mastermind ongoing coaching, support & Training
- Books on business
- Podcast on business
- Notes from previous trainings you have attended.
- Grab your seat for Balloon Boss Pro Summit and have access to our Bonus online class on Marketing, Brand Messaging and Goal Setting
- Hang out in Balloon Coach Community to share tips and hints for growing your balloon business.
- Success is a Journey not a Destination
- Dream Big
- Believe in yourself
- Born to Succeed
- Create it
- Make it happen!