Balloon Business Owner: Strive for Progress not PerfectionWhat is the first thing that came to mind when you read those words? Did you think, “I am always going for perfection.” Or did you think, “I take action and don’t worry if things are not perfect.” As the owner of a business it is really easy to get in a rut, and not produce new options for our clients, or try new marketing as we wait to be perfect. Perfection is often used as an excuse, masking our fear of reaching out to a new market or creating a new service. Today as I write this blog it is May 2, 2020. I realize that this message is more important for me to share than ever. March 13th was my last day of working at the Party People Events shop as the retail manager before working from home during stay safe at home due to Covid-19. Our company is back to doing non-contact deliveries in Central Florida, but we are unsure when the retail shop will reopen. Over these weeks I have been hosting online meetings with my Balloon Boss Mastermind Members and open forums with other balloon professionals to make plans to not just survive but Thrive! I have been interacting with balloon business owners that have never stopped working from the start of this pandemic. They are in cities that allowed them to keep working and bringing joy to our clients during this scary time. I have also worked with many balloon pros who are now having to juggle a full time job, their balloon business and serving as the homeschool teacher for their kids will dealing with their spouse also working from home. In crazy times like these, it is easier than ever to make an excuse not to move forward if we let our brains make us think we have to do things perfectly to move forward. As I have been doing extra one to one sessions, I realize that so many need to hear this message. There is a NEW NORMAL. During what often is the busiest time of the year for large scale events, our industry (for those who are able to work due to City and State guidelines) have now pivoted to providing outdoor yard decor or non-contact delivery bouquet and gifts. Are you a person that is stuck on STOP or PAUSE mode because you are afraid to move forward as you are waiting to have the “perfect system”, “perfect product”, “perfect pricing”, “perfect marketing”? Example One of your balloon business goals – Write One Social Media Post a Day on Facebook to share the new services you are offering. Perfection Blocks:
- I’m not a good writer
- I don’t have a great photo of my non contact deliveries
- I don’t think the balloon design is good enough to post
- No one is going to read it anyway
- I’m not creative
- I don’t have many followers on social media
- …and the list goes on and on
- Set your action plan this week: download the worksheets from the Spring Forward challenge, or my Mastermind Members download you Schedule to success.
- Focus on the things that will bring you money if you are in need of cash flow
- If you have been having stress, and not feeling well focus on task that bring you strength and energy
- Surround yourself with positive people and a mentor to help you focus on progress
- Set an accountability partner to push you to take action
- Posting a photo on social media with a call to action to call our office, or fill out the contact form now has a chance to catch a perspective customer’s eye rather than not creating a post
- Setting a pricing guide with the top 4 items you want to offer and prices allows for you to quote efficiently and make money
- Create a balloon design you want to sell and take photo of it and share it online
- Post on your balloon business facebook page or instagram account
- Schedule to success program for marketing your business, what I did to grow a home based business to $150,000 a year in sales.
- Ongoing support and insights now from my role as the Marketing Manager, and retail manager at Party People Events as our team did over $600,000 in sales in 2018 and again in 2019. Growing a team can be scary, and is not easy but it allows for you to have time with your family and to enjoy life knowing your team is taking care of your clients.
- Access to over $4,000 of online training and support for just $97 a month, coupon code currently set for just $47 for your first month to help you take the first step to moving forward with progress over perfection.
- Training on how to create high profit decor.
- Photos you can use as your own in marketing
- Surround yourself with uplifting people
Your Partner in Success,Balloon Boss Mastermind
5 Ways to Step Out of Your Comfort Zone to Create Your Thriving Balloon BusinessWhen was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone and took a risk or did something you were not 100% confident about, in order to grow your balloon business? Do you ever hear a tip in a webinar, blog or social media post from another balloon or business professional and think to yourself, “I can’t do that!” I GET IT. I’ve been there and face that battle on a daily basis. Some things come naturally to us and others take a bit more work. You must study and practice to get the same results as others with “natural skills.” Today I want to assure you that YOU can create the reality you want for the future, based on the action steps you take each day. If you have found the fear of, or lack of knowledge or skill in an area has held you back from growing your balloon business, here are 5 steps to get out of your comfort zone:
- Write down your “why”. Why is it that you want to have a Thriving Balloon Business?
- Write down the results you want from the income you produce from your balloon business.
- Write down the activities you have seen other growing companies do that you have been uncomfortable personally taking action on.
- Identify the first support person or employee that can help you take your business to the next level.
- Reach out to a mentor, coach or training to increase your skills and confidence in the areas you struggle in.
Balloon Business Owner, How is Your Forgetting Curve?
Have you ever gone to a balloon or business training, workshop or convention and been super excited about everything you learned and can’t wait to get home to use the information and then not taken action on what you learned?
Research shows that:
- Within one hour, people forget an average of 50 % of information presented.
- Within 24 hours we forget an average of 70 percent of new information.
- Within a week forget 90%.
- Take good notes! When at an event use a highlighter to select the top things you want to do when you return home.
- Use a daily journal or calendar to track the most important things you want to take action on.
- Set a day each month that you look back on past training to implement something new you learned in the past.
- Prioritize which items you want to do first, take one step forward at a time.
- Write your goals down.
- Create a vision board to visualize why you are doing what you are doing to see the future the way you want it to be. Great athletes visualize the victories before they happen.
- Think about how you will feel when you put a new system in place or are able to offer a new service to your clients as motivation to take action.
- Surround yourself with positive people who are also working towards making their goals reality.
- Increase your confidence to do new things without the fear of rejection or failure.
- Understand that failure is not the opposite of success, but success is a journey and not a destination.
- Invest in ongoing support and training. We all need reminders of the things we have learned but have put to the back of our brain.
- Invest in a coach to help you problem solve and encourage you to keep moving forward.
- Set a weekly schedule to success, time blocking the most important duties.
- State your goals publically or with an accountability partner to follow up with you.
GREAT NEWS! You have several resources available to help you reduce your forgetting curve and help you have ongoing training at your fingertips. Due to the struggles I have faced since starting in the balloon industry full time in 2003, I now share the training and insights with you to save you time and money to allow you to grow faster when you implement the action steps.
- BalloonCoach.com BLOG
- Balloon Boss Mastermind ongoing coaching, support & Training
- Books on business
- Podcast on business
- Notes from previous trainings you have attended.
- Grab your seat for Balloon Boss Pro Summit and have access to our Bonus online class on Marketing, Brand Messaging and Goal Setting
- Hang out in Balloon Coach Community to share tips and hints for growing your balloon business.
- Success is a Journey not a Destination
- Dream Big
- Believe in yourself
- Born to Succeed
- Create it
- Make it happen!
Grow Your Balloon Business: Sell What You ShareThe balloon industry creates a very visual product. When people see what they like on social media, your website or in a brochure they will request the decor they are most attracted to. Many businesses have difficulty when starting out to have a portfolio of designs to grab attention of their target customers. A great way to gain photos of beautiful balloon work is to attend hands on training. Back in 2003 when I started in the balloon industry, we did not have the magic of social media to help the industry grow. Today, brand new balloon businesses can jump into action and create decor that catches their clients eye and thrive quickly. A mantra I have been sharing for years is “We sell what we share”. If there is a specific type of balloon decor you do not wish to create, then don’t share those designs on your website or social media. For Party People Events we prefer to create decor that any of our staff members are able to assemble and deliver. Classic decor, columns, arches, three foot balloons, three foots with lights, neon decor with lighting are our go to items. Part of our team have the training and skills to make very detailed pieces of art, however those are much more time consuming and cannot be duplicated by every member of our team. One way to build your portfolio as you grow your thriving balloon business is to invest in online and in person training that gives you access to the knowledge of how to create eye catching decor and then practice those designs and get them out for your target client to see. I would like to introduce you to a company that has done just that. Meet Paul and Gayle of Balloons by Gayle, from Fort Myers, Florida. Gayle and I originally connected online through a Facebook group, and she attended the first Balloon Coach business building workshop in Orlando in 2016, Bridge the Gap to Success, then in October of 2017 brought her husband to Parade, Promotions & Profits. They returned again for Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando 2018. During the Balloon Coach Hands on Workshops we have professional photography taken for the alumni to use in their marketing when they return home so they can Sell what they Share. Leaving with the knowledge how to make the designs is a great accomplishment, and confidence to price for profit is a great combination for growth. Designs created at Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando 2018 Designs created by Balloons by Gayle September 2019 inspired by what they learned at Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando. Gayle how did you hear about Balloon Coach? I was a follower of Joette Meyers Giardina on facebook since 2014, she was my very first balloon friend. I then saw a post of Balloon Coach a short time after teaching myself by watching YouTube. I said “I need this”. When I sawy you were holding Bridge the Gap to Success in Orlando in November of 2016, I talked to Paul about how I want do do balloons and decided to take the opportunity and start with some good teaching. After I met Joette in person, I knew what I wanted and needed to do to grow a balloon business. How did you decide to have your husband Paul become a part of your balloon business? When the next Balloon Coach training came up in Florida, October of 2017, Paul had been helping me with the framing and set up so I wanted him eot also touch the balloons so I decided he needed to come with me to Parade, Promotions & Profits Orlando. He loved it so much and learned so much. That is when we decided to push onto the next level of our business. Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando 2018 was when we really starting networking and just getting out into the community to promote Balloons By Gayle. Having two trained people is so much easier when you have to trouble shoot and run ideas and solutions off each other. Now being married to your business partner can also be a challenge but in the end it is so worth it. What is the Purple Tie Ball and why did you provide decor for the event? The organization that holds the event is One Way Out Ministries, they help get women out of human trafficking and also drug rehabilitation. This is an organization and mission I wish to support and have seen so many women grow and turn their lives around. How do you gain new customers through going to strike your events? With large scale events where I know there are a lot of people, I always like to make sure I have my Balloons by Gayle shirt on, arrive a bit early and stand outside with my Magpole which people get attracted to. As people are leaving the event they notice my logo on my shirt and they come over to talk to me and ask me what services I provide. During the strike of the Purple Tie Ball I had six really good contacts, mostly event planners and other business owners come up to me and ask for my card. I immediately booked two jobs and have put out multiple quotes from that one event. Thank you Gayle for sharing your story, tips and hints with fellow Balloon Professionals to help our industry grow. When people experience professional balloon decor they think of all the different events that they want to purchase it for. One of my favorite quotes is, “We don’t know, what we don’t know.” Most of our target clients have no idea how balloon decor done right can transform a venue into a memorable occasion and bring their event to life. Creating opportunities for your target market to SEE what you can do in person and via photos is a top key to success. Grow Your Balloon Business: Sell What You Share!! So make sure you are sharing quality, high profit designs to grow your thriving balloon business! BalloonCoach.com online and in person training was created to help overwhelmed balloon artists create Thriving Balloon Businesses. I share my personal experiences working in the balloon industry full time since 2003, along with training from the network of balloon professionals I have had the honor of learning from throughout the years. I invite you to become a part of our online community by starting with our facebook group Balloon Coach Community – where we focus on business building topics. Looking for ongoing online training and support I encourage you to join Balloon Boss Mastermind If you would like to experience hands on learning first hand then email Joette@BalloonCoach.com to find out about the next hands on opportunity available to meet your needs. Private and small group classes are available in Lakeland, Florida at the Balloon Coach workshop and Party People Events behind the scenes work shadow programs. Grow Your Balloon Business: Sell What You Share! Your Partner in Success, Joette Giardina, CBA Founder BalloonCoach.com Grow Your Thriving Balloon Business Join Balloon Boss Mastermind
Is FEAR standing in the way of your success?
As a Balloon Business Owner it’s good to take a look at the obstacles that stand in your way.What is your FEAR? As you wake up today and look at your plans for the future, in reaching for your dreams, what scares you? It is OK to have fear, we all have something in our life that tends to creep up or jump out at us and keep us from becoming all that we can be. Common fears that keep us from our full potential include, FEAR of:
- Speaking in public
- Opening ourselves up to others
- Being criticized
- Making a fool out of ourselves
- People saying no to our products (and taking that personally)
- What can I expect from the experience
- What do I need to be successful and have the right equipment
- Ask questions as needed
- First Monday of the Month Member Q & A “office hours” with Balloon Coach Joette via webinar 9 pm Eastern.
- Access to ongoing Group Coaching through member only Facebook group
- Decor 101 training – basics of supplies needed to create decor, framing and classic designs
- Full access to the Passport to Success webinar library recorded since September 2015
- Seat in the live monthly Passport to Success webinars the 4th Tuesday of each month 9 pm Eastern.
- Vision Board and Goal setting training
Strive for Progress Not PerfectionWhat is the first thing that came to mind when you read those words? Did you think, “I am always going for perfection” Or did you think, “I take action and don’t worry if things are not perfect” As the owner of a business it is really easy to get in a rut, and not produce new options for our clients, or try new marketing as we wait to be perfect. Perfection is often used as an excuse, masking our fear of reaching out to a new market or creating a new service. Example One of your balloon business goals – Write One Social Media Post a Day on Facebook Perfection Blocks:
- I’m not a good writer
- I don’t have a recent event photo to post
- I don’t think the balloon design is good enough to post
- No one is going to read it anyway
- I’m not creative
- I don’t have many followers on social media
- and the list goes on and on
Your Partner in Success,Balloon Boss Mastermind
Balloon Business Owner – It’s Your Turn to Soar!While viewing this beautiful fountain, I was reminded of one of my favorite sayings shared at our monthly Lakeland, Florida American Business Women’s Association meetings by past president, Maria Mahoney. “She took the leap and built her wings on the way down.” Maria, a business coach often spoke of how we as humans let fear stand in the way of going for our goals. When you look at your life and business right now, are you standing in your way of success? Are you fearful to take the next step to grow? Do you fear failure? Do you fear success? When I started in the balloon industry in 2003, I had no formal business training. I was excited and scared all at once about my new adventure as the owner of Party People Celebration Company. I surrounded myself with amazing people by attending training in the balloon industry to share with my clients the unlimited potential of balloons. The support network I grew over the years, I now share through the Balloon Boss Mastermind Program with access to over $2,500 on online training learning from the success and struggles of business owners around the world! I stepped out in fear and grew my business and referral network locally through business organizations and training. When I sold my business I was doing $150,000 a year in sales working from a warehouse in my backyard. Now as the Marketing Manager for Party People Events I get to experience the exciting dynamics of being a part of a team for a thriving balloon business now run by Johathon Gerber with over $600,000 a year in sales in 2018 in central Florida. I enjoy sharing tips for setting goals and marketing to help you grow! As a business coach for the balloon industry since January 2015, I have found that many of my clients and friends struggle with dreaming BIG, Believing in themselves and taking the action to transform their life and business due to limiting beliefs, and negativity in their life. It’s much easier to listen to the negative Nancy sitting on our should saying “you can’t do that”, “people will never pay that much money where you live for balloons” or “you don’t have what it takes to be a successful business owner”. The first step to success is to Believe in yourself and seek out the knowledge and skills you do not currently possess to TRANSFORM your life to create the future you desire. This lovely statue shared all those values and I felt chills seeing the JOY in the face of the girl in this sculpture as it’s the JOY I feel when I see a business owner JUMP out in fear and take the next step in their business. As I write this blog, I am currently on a 9 state teaching tour across the United States. On my way to teach in Seattle, Washington I made a short pit stop in Meridian, Idaho to see a lovely fountain created by Brian Keith on the recommendation of Amber Clark of Up Balloon Boutique in Walla Walla, Washington. When I saw the sculpture I immediately thought of you, my balloon friends. This wording is from the side of the fountain. NEW WINGS Can you see her flying about you? Do you hear her laughing? Listen! Now, it’s your turn. Deep breath, as the swing pulls back… Whoosh! You’re off on your own adventure! Go ahead, fly high. Maybe you’ll catch-up to her in the sky. “New Wings: tells the story of a child transformed by learning. Knowledge has helped her tap into her potential and she is changed. As she flies, she anticipates horizons filled with new wonders and opportunities. Fearless and inspired, her face displays excitement as she boldly soars over higher. Her eyes say it all; she knows the secret: Never stop learning. With these sculptures, bronze shapes an exuberant story of imagination and hope. they are dedicated to the women and men of Idaho who teach. So now it is your turn – at the side of the fountain, they have a swing you can sit in to take your photo, close your eyes for a minute and see yourself sitting in that swing looking over the goals you have for your business and your life! I encourage you today to write those goals down, then Take Action and grow your thriving balloons business. Are you unsure what step to take next to grow? Do you feel alone on your business journey and that those around you don’t know how to support and encourage you? Balloon Coach Programs were created for! Want ongoing support with someone cheering you on? Check out our Group Coaching Balloon Boss Mastermind online program to see if it would be a good fit for you! Balloon Business Owner – It’s Your Turn to Soar! I look forward to supporting you on your journey. Your Partner in Success Joette Giardina, CBA Mentor. Motivator. Speaker. Balloonbosspro.com
2019 Tour – Balloon Training with Balloon Coach Joette Giardina, CBABalloon Coach Joette Giardina, CBA has been in the balloon industry full time since 2003, based in Lakeland, Florida. Over the years Joette, grew her home based business to over $150,000 a year in sales through investing in balloon training, networking in the business and events community in her area and taking sales courses to improve her sales conversation to increase sales. Studies show that 30 % of most businesses fail in the first 2 years, 50% fail during the first five years and 66% during the first ten years. Being a balloon business owner can be overwhelming at times. This summer, Joette is bringing tips from 16 years full time in the industry to help you build the business of your dreams. In 2015 she sold her decor company to coordinate online and in person business building training for the balloon industry. Giardina continues to serve as the Marketing Manager for Party People Events that now grosses over half a million dollars in sales a year. Joette understands the daily obstacles faced by balloon business owners and brings you the tips that have helped Party People Thrive! After many requests from Balloon Coach members around the United States, this summer Joette and her husband Brian are packing up their inflators, Clik-Clik Magpole, UV lighting, Uplighting, pipe and drape, balloons, fun prizes from sponsors and workbooks to spread tips to help you grow Your Thriving Balloon Business! Thanks to our generous sponsors the full day class is only $150! Click here for full details and save your spot! Join BalloonCoach.com’s Joette Giardina on her 9 city tour. With years of experience in operating her own balloon business and coaching balloon professionals, Joette answers some of the most prominent questions artists have today. Additionally, Joette will teach you tips on choosing the right framing and rigging, along with tricks to foil and latex organic designs and neon lighting. This is a full day class packed with great information on how to choose the right design to recommend to your client, pricing your decor, closing the deal and more. Lunch is provided along with in-depth class notes, plus raffle prizes throughout the day. Don’t forget to bring your camera for decor photos and your business cards to network with fellow balloon pros! Definitely a class you won’t want to miss! What will be covered in the class: • Backbone to Creating Profitable Balloon Decor – choosing the right framing and rigging • Tips & Tricks to creating profitable Foil & Latex Organic designs • Confidently educating your client on decor items best for their event • Lighting that increases the perceived value of your balloons • Checklist to price for profit • Quoting with confidence • Art of Closing the Sale • Overcoming Price Objections • Checklist for Creating Your Thriving Balloon Business and step into the role of Balloon Boss! BONUS: Everyone who registers by April 30th will get a link to a BONUS webinar on Thursday, May 2nd, 9pm Eastern, 6pm Pacific About the Instructor: Based out of Lakeland, Florida, Joette was always the one put in charge of organizing events and decorations for special occasions in college while studying for her Bachelor in Outdoor Recreation and Leisure studies. After working as an activities director and in social work, Joette decided to turn her creative passion into a full-time balloon business. In 2003, Joette purchased Party People Celebration Company. Joette is an award-winning designer, and most recently was presented with the Inspire Award by Betallic at FLOAT 2019 for creating new business resources for the balloon industry through BalloonCoach.com. In 2014, she sold her decor company, but she stays active in the company serving as part-time marketing director and crew leader for Party People Events that grossed over 1/2 million dollars in sales in 2018 and is growing. Joette serves as a catalyst in the industry for business education and increased resources by offering webinars, business coaching, and hosts the annual Promotions & Profits Retreat in Orlando near Disney Springs. Joette credits the success of both of her businesses in the balloon world to hard work and support from the extensive network of balloon professionals who inspired her throughout the years. We look forward to seeing you on the road this summer! While on the journey, Joette plans to stop by some balloon businesses, if you are on her route email Joette@ballooncoach.com Include the name of your business, full address and phone number to contact you. Are you unable to join us on the summer tour? Join us online for Balloon Boss Mastermind to have access to over $2,500 of online training and group coaching by Joette. Get some behind the scenes coverage from the tour! Balloon Boss Mastermind Your Partner in Success, Joette Giardina, CBA Mentor. Motivator. Speaker. Create a Thriving Balloon Business! Balloon Boss Mastermind
Resources to Grow Your Balloon BusinessHi, I’m Joette Giardina. I started my full time career in the balloon industry in December of 2003 in Lakeland, Florida located half way between Tampa and Orlando. In January of 2015 I launched BalloonCoach.com to serve as a catalyst in the industry to help support you in building a Thriving Balloon Business, supporting you in making your dreams come true. I know the struggles of not knowing how to grow a business, wondering how to find the people who are willing to pay for my services, wishing there was a guide to show me the way. Over the years I have invested thousands of dollars and more time than I can count attending the best training in the balloon industry, and business seminars locally to understand the in’s and out’s of business ownership. Through trial and error I took action with the skills I learned and stepped out of my comfort zone to increase my skills in networking, marketing, sales calls and more! By focusing on exceeding my clients expectations and perfecting my skills in balloon decor I grew a fan base that now refer their friends to Party People Events as THE Balloon Company to go to when holding a special event. Through social media other balloon professionals started asking me to help them grow their business…and thus BalloonCoach.com was created. Now I bring that knowledge to you to help you experience the feelings of success that I have had, along with knowledge from leaders in the balloon industry and business professionals with skills to share to create a solid foundation for your business. Our goal is to support and encourage you along the sometimes rocky road to business success. When I sold my company in 2015 I was averaging $150,000 a year in sales. Now as the Marketing Manager for Party People Events our company with a team did over $600,000 in sales in 2018 and again in 2019. I bring the experience from being a solo business owner to being a part of a dynamic team to meet you where you are and help you put systems in place to grow the Thriving Balloon Business of your dreams. In this blog I will share links to online and in person training along with links to distributors and manufactures to get your balloons, inflators and other resources to help you grow. Check out this overview video of what others have learned from our resources to see things from our clients perspective and what we offer. What services does BalloonCoach.com offer? Free Blog
- Insights on marketing
- Tips on creating outdoor decor that last
- Where to find balloon distributors
- How to step out and take action in your business
- Face your Fears
- Access to All the past Passport webinar replays since September of 2015 learning from a variety of instructors from around the world.
- LIVE Passport to success webinars the 4th Tuesday of Each month 9 pm Eastern Time
- The LIVE Balloon Boss Mastermind Member Only Q & A calls the 1st Monday of each month at 9 pm Eastern Time.
- Decor 101 (how to construct and market professional balloon decor)
- Vision Board Class.
- Private Facebook group coaching group for daily support & encouragement.
- Access to over $4.000 of online resources and support for just $97 a month investment.
- Develop Business Plan
- Marketing Strategy
- How to Up-sell
- Time Management
- Networking Skills
- I can be your life line
- Creating a hands on balloon decor for corporate,-with access to professional photographs to use for marketing after Balloon Boss Pro Summit
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Business Management
- Creating Systems & Strategies
- Stress Management
- Creating a balanced life and routine
- Small group action plan brainstorming with 8 attendees per each instructor
- Build new network to support you after the event
- Giant linking hot air balloon
- Up to 48 foot outdoor arch
- Dancing Flamingo
- Foil balloon column and topiary
- Link -o-loon round arch
- Link-o-loon dog
- Triangle frame