Is FEAR standing in the way of your success?
As a Balloon Business Owner it’s good to take a look at the obstacles that stand in your way.What is your FEAR? As you wake up today and look at your plans for the future, in reaching for your dreams, what scares you? It is OK to have fear, we all have something in our life that tends to creep up or jump out at us and keep us from becoming all that we can be. Common fears that keep us from our full potential include, FEAR of:
- Speaking in public
- Opening ourselves up to others
- Being criticized
- Making a fool out of ourselves
- People saying no to our products (and taking that personally)
- What can I expect from the experience
- What do I need to be successful and have the right equipment
- Ask questions as needed
- First Monday of the Month Member Q & A “office hours” with Balloon Coach Joette via webinar 9 pm Eastern.
- Access to ongoing Group Coaching through member only Facebook group
- Decor 101 training – basics of supplies needed to create decor, framing and classic designs
- Full access to the Passport to Success webinar library recorded since September 2015
- Seat in the live monthly Passport to Success webinars the 4th Tuesday of each month 9 pm Eastern.
- Vision Board and Goal setting training
Is your balloon business booming or are you having a rocky start to 2018?How is 2018 going for you? I know many that have had a rocky start to 2018 and others whose businesses are booming!
How are balloon businesses achieving great things?I have the pleasure of talking with balloon business owners daily about what is working well, and what they struggle with. I hear stories from, “Nobody has money for balloons”, and “They want everything at a discount” to “Business is Booming – I raised my prices and I have more clients now and have doubled my sales.” So I then have to wonder…what is the difference? How are some balloon businesses achieving great things, while others struggle? One key that I have noticed….. ENTHUSIASM! Yes, Enthusiasm… it’s contagious. When you are passionate about your business, the people in your organization feel it and look forward to working with you. When you talk to your clients on the phone or in person they can HEAR in your voice that you love what you do and they feel confident that you will create the event of their dreams and take care of them. I want you to meet 3 people that share this trait. I am going to give a shout out to 3 that are standing out in my mind of most recent. I share these stories as I see that many times people with the same opportunities that not everyone is having success..and often look to find what is the secret. I believe strongly that the #1 is mindset (that we daily get to choose) And those who go through life with Enthusiasm tend to have more success, quicker! Cecile Williams-Bethel from the Bahamas. She is positive, seeks out education and puts what she learns right into action! It is a JOY to be in her presence with the positive energy and passion that flows from her. After our June workshop, she immediately went home and entered a parade to promote her company and has not stopped moving forward daily since. Sheetal Kurup seen wearing a flamingo for our October workshop..She has been in the balloon industry LESS than 6 months. She came to Orlando for Promotions & Profits in October, and when she got home landed a Grand Opening for a mall creating (6) 33 foot arches, (8) 10 ft columns – and had never done a balloon arch prior to that event. She took the training from Gary Ledbetter and what she learned at the workshop, plus the network of balloon professionals she made calling on Johnathon Shelly Gerber and Amy DesChenes to support her in the project, with Eddie Heyland connecting her to Chris Tribuna (from our Chicago workshop) to assist her on the event.
Face Your Fears and Take Action!What is your FEAR? As you wake up today and look at your plans for the future, in reaching for your dreams, what scares you? It is OK to have fear, we all have something in our life that tends to creep up or jump out at us and keep us from becoming all that we can be. Common Fears that keep us from our full potential include:
- Fear of failure
- Fear of speaking in public
- Fear of opening ourselves up to others
- Fear of being criticized
- Fear of heights
- Fear of snakes
- Making a fool out of ourselves
- Fear of Success
- What can I expect from the experience
- What do I need to be successful, have the right equipment
- Ask questions as needed
School Spirit, Homecoming and Prom Marketing tips!Schools can be a wonderful source of repeat business. I can hear what some of you are thinking right now…schools around me always say they have no budget. My kids school just ask for me to donate everything. Yes, those things can happen. However, schools spend a lot of money every year on events. It is now your job to build relationships with the right people to grab those accounts, educate and work on getting the $$$ allocated to the services you provide. If you enjoy listening rather than reading I encourage you to check out my FREE mini webinar that I recorded on the subject. I know a lot of people have landed some great accounts after following the steps I outlined. Find out who the sponsor or organizer is for the events you want to work. Yep, that means it’s time to pick up the phone and make some calls to the school office and ask who the sponsor for Homecoming, Prom, Awards Etc will be. Ask for an email address and if you can leave a message for them to contact you. “Hi this is Joette Giardina, with Party People Events. We are a local resource for professional balloon decor. We would love to transform your gym or venue into the dream theme for your next event. Do you normally order large cardboard props in a box for your event?
Would you be interested in transforming your space with something larger than life, fun and spectacular? If so I would like for you to support our local business.You can see our Website at http://partypeopleevents.com and our blog with past Homecoming and proms at http://partypeoplecc.blogspot.com” College and Universities:
- Admissions Department
- Student Activities
- Athletics Departments
- Sorority, Fraternity
- Dean’s office
- Back to school
- Football Homecoming
- Increase your confidence in creating the decor for events with budgets over a thousand dollars.
- Work side by side with 9 instructors
- Networking lunch daily to talk business and build relationships
- Have access to professional photos of the decor built for the style Photo shoots to market your business
- Talk real life situations and pricing
- Take time away from working IN your business to work ON your business
- Leave with skills to network with event professionals in your area to take your business to the next level
Are you sitting at your computer just waiting for the phone to ring?
Does the thought of going to a networking meeting make your break out in a cold sweat and make you picture yourself standing in a corner with no one to talk to?
Do you have a list of potential clients you would like to reach out to but have NO idea how to get past the “gatekeeper” The receptionist that says that the person you are trying to contact “is not available”
Do you have creative ideas you want to find “just the right customer for” but have NO idea who to conatact?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, or just want to spend time with a person who has over 20 years of Sales experience then you want to join us in Chicago in June to learn from Chad!
Check out this video of Chad at a Networking meeting
Did you notice the lady next to Chad was like if you have a tent, you have to have balloons! Chad has got these folks trained to be out there looking for leads for him!
What I love is that Chad really focused in on one of the members of the networking group and praised his company for the experience he had. In Sales, it’s about building relationships, not just the Used Car Salesman approach of what type of car are you going to buy from me!
When you want to build the idea of people buying from YOU…you also need to think about what local business you are buying from. Become an active member in your community and they will give back to you!
One of the tools that helped me grow is Networking, building relationships with key people in my town to become a part of my “sales team” by referring our decor company to those who need our services.
You have an opportunity to improve your Sales tools, join us June 21st in Itasca IL
Iowa City, Iowa
Creating the Opportunity
How to find potential clients to contact
Make the Call…get the response you are looking for.
How to get past “the gatekeeper” (receptionist) and talk to the decision maker.
Create new Clients
Click the blue Button Below for a note from Chad and meet the other two instructors teaching Great classes on Vision Boards and Generating Leads and Sales from Facebook on June 21st. Reserve the date to work ON your business.
Each class is just $50 each or for the Best Value Take all 3 for just $125…and save $25!
Chad will also be a part of our team for Parade Promotions & Profits Workshop.
(due to the behind the scenes nature of the event to register you must live 65 miles outside of 60106 zip code)
If you would like to have one on one sessions to help build your skills in networking, contact me at Joette@ballooncoach.com and we can set up times that are best for you!BalloonBossPro.com
Your Partner in Success,
Joette Giardina, CBA
Mentor. Motivator. Speaker.
Enjoy our Free Monthly Ezine http://Elevated.Events for tips and inspiration!
Great Alternative to Helium Balloons for Outdoor Events!Have you ever had a client call you and ask you to create something outdoors that you did not want to do? I have been working in the balloon industry full time since 2003, and over the years I have learned that my #1 job is to go with my gut, and educate my clients on solutions that I can feel confident setting up for their event that will look the best to give them the results that want – but sometimes NOT be what they originally ask for. Many times I refer to the saying, “we don’t know, what we don’t know”. Professional balloon decor is not something most people have experience with. When they think balloons, they think helium, they are not aware of air filled decor, framing. and for that matter most do not know that Balloon Decor is a growing international career for thousands of people around the world. I had a client call and say that she wanted to order 30, 3 ft. helium balloons to fly above tents for an outdoor event. I did what I always do and asked for a few more details. Found out they were holding an Ice Cream Festival and wanted to put the balloon on all the ice cream vendors tents. Now it was my time to educate. I said 3 ft balloons are a great way to mark the tents. However, I prefer NOT to use Helium whenever possible outdoors if there is another alternative that might be even better. If it rains, the helium balloon can come down to the ground and pop. RED outdoors attracts a ton of sun and tends to pop more than lighter colors. I’d love to use white or pink. She said NOPE it has to be red! I let her know that I would not promise the life of a 3ft. red outdoor in direct Florida sun and heat. They will look great when I first put them up – but they may pop during the day. She said she was willing to take the risk. I had her sign that on the contract! I suggested we make mini Ice Cream cones under each 3 ft. balloon to have fun with the theme of the event and put it on a pole that I could zip tie to the tent pole legs and fly about the tent so it would not blow down if it happened to rain or be a super windy day. (I use a 10 foot, 1/2 inch EMT) I Inflated the red 3 foot balloons to full size, let the air out and sized to 2 ft., I used 16 inch, 11 inch and 9 inch undersized yellow for the cones. Client loved it! It was a Very windy day so I was glad I was not installing Helium. At the end of the full day event about 1/3 of the red balloons had popped, as I had warned…but they had lasted the majority of the event which was good to know. The pink ice cream cone I set up for the photo opp at the end of the day looked just like it did when I set it up! Things that I learned from this event: I was delighted that I stuck with my gut and encouraged client not to use helium for the event. I was glad my contract stated I’m not responsible for balloons popping when exposed to sun, heat, weather etc. We are the balloon professionals, most of our clients have NO IDEA what is possible with balloons. I encourage you to keep educating yourself no matter how long you have been in the industry. The Balloon Industry has a great amount of training available in person and online. Get as much of it as you can! As a balloon professional it is important to do research to see how balloons hold up in your environment. I do several test throughout the year of how balloons react to the sun and heat outdoors in Florida where I live. I encourage you to do the same types of test so you can confidently speak to your clients about what to expect. Some of those results and videos are in my facebook group, come join the conversation if you are working on your career in balloons. Balloon Coach Community If you would like to increase your skills and confidence in how to create sturdy outdoor framing and designs Chris Potts of Balloon Masters in Buffalo New York shared his tips from over 25 years of experience in one of our webinars, Outdoor decor and tracking your $$$ You can purchase the replay for $50, or join our Balloon Boss Mastermind Program for online support, group coaching and access to all our past webinars (including this outdoor webinar) with tips and hints from successful business owners. Save time and money by learning from others mistakes and successes to grow your Thriving Balloon Business even quicker! Your Partner in Success, Joette Giardina, CBA Mentor. Motivator. Speaker. Create Your Thriving Balloon Business Balloon Boss Mastermind
- sleep habits
- smoker or non smoker
- likes to turn room into a bar or likes to go to bed early
- Light sleeper?
- Allergies to perfume or foods you love?
- Shower Morning or night – how much time do they take?
- Print the Event Schedule
- Print the Class Descriptions
- Print the Class Schedule
- Look and see who the staff are, find out a bit about them
- Check out the competitions and deadlines to enter
- Review the classes and make your tentative schedule
- Make it a habit to put all the notes there
- If 2 or more people from the same company are attending the convention, it is best to divide and conquer. Learn as much as you can. You may take 1 or 2 key classes together, but splitting up gets you the most information.
- Positive Mental Attitude
- Smile and a good handshake
- Check what the size and weight requirements are for your airline
- Put suit cases out a week in advance so you are not totally rushed at the end.
- Hotel and Plane Reservation numbers in my calendar
- Deleting photos from Phone and Tablet, camera or purchasing additional cards to have room for over 1,000 photos!
- Pack a lot of business cards! You are meeting hundreds of new people it’s great to share cards to network after event
- Portfolio or marketing materials that you may share during conversation to get ideas from others on improvements you can make
- Bring a special baggie or ladies even a cosmetic bag to put all the business cards in of the people you meet.
- Pack your Power Cord for all electronics (WBC 2012 Jani Blocker was nice enough to buy me a universal power cord when I left my laptop cord at home – not cheap!)
- Pack an extension cord they come in handy in your hotel room since we all have so many electronics! Make sure it is 3 prong, 3 plug end or power strip
- If you have a back up power pack or battery for your phone – bring it!
- Chap Stick
- Hand lotion
- Jacket or sweater
- Logo Clothing to show off your brand
- Backpack or day bag to keep your notebook, notes etc in from class to class
- Clothing for the Awards Dinner, and anything within theme or fun for other parties and special events.
- At least 1 Pair of scissors in your checked luggage
- Hand pump for jams
- Vitamins or Emergen-C! Typically you get lack of sleep and you are hanging out with about 800 people so keeping healthy is key!
- Notebook, it’s nice to have extra Pad of paper for notes
- Pens – easy to lose a pen or run out of ink
- Highlighter if you like to highlight notes during class
- Travel cup or money to buy one to have beverages in class and in your room
- Travel Kleenex
- Nail Clippers and file, with all the balloon work you are bound to break a nail!
- Static spray
- FILES for the weeks events. If you are running crews while you are away and plan to be in touch with your crew. Email the information to yourself if you wish to review.
- $$$$ You will want to have some cash and credit cards ready for meals and purchasing items from vendors
- IF at all possible plan for a full 8 hours of sleep night before your flight. Once you get to convention it is easy to lose track of time and be up in the lobby talking to a new friend til all hours of the night and morning!