Packing List for Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando 2019!
Tips to prepare to make the most out of your investmentStart your packing for Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando 2019, focused on creating new systems for success and hands on learning produced by BalloonCoach.com One of the TOP things to do to prepare to make the most out of your investment is to prepare to be PRESENT in the classes as much as possible. That means, eliminating distractions so you can be in the moment, learning and creating new systems. Take time now to set up who will be taking care of your business and family responsibilities while you are away. Prepare to reduce distractions:
- Assign someone to answer your business phone and email
- If you do not have a person to answer clients, put a new phone message and email response that you are out of town at training and will return messages __________ you set the deadline of when you plan to be able to get back with them.
- Make a plan for family members or friends to take care of your kids or family while you are away. Make sure if forms at school need to be filled out for someone new to pick up your child in case of emergency those forms are filled out.
- Set a plan with your family or loved ones when you will communicate with them – will it be phone or text and time frame. I found that setting the expectation in advance that I would not be able to talk during the majority of my day helped. Depending on your time zone, having a morning chat before they head to work or school or night-time routine will keep you connected to meet their needs around the event schedule.
- If you have events going on while you are away print any paperwork you may need to follow up with your staff on break and evening, or before class in the morning.
- Have our instructors share their business journey including their struggles and successes.
- Talk real numbers and focus in on high profit decor pieces, that you can train staff to create so that you can build a business that can run without you inflating a balloon.
- Build a network with other balloon professionals that you can reach out to when feeling frustrated, burnt out or needing help. Networking Lunch everyday as part of the program.
- Get a boost of energy during a time that burn out can easily happen to leave motivated to rock the end of the year and start the next year fully charged!
- Gain knowledge, our alumni who have attended with dozens of years of experience in the industry learn a new trick or procedure to make their business more efficient or increase profits.
- Create systems for growth to become a Balloon Boss.
- Increase confidence in building high profit decor.
- Avenues to market your business.
1805 Hotel Plaza Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830 If you are still making a reservations please use the link on the website /orlando-2018-retreat/
There is NO HOTEL shuttle from the airport.
You can put the UBER app on your phone (use our Retreat Facebook group to see if you can share and uber with another retreat person to save you money)
BEFORE coming to the workshop if you are not already in our Retreat Facebook Group, send a PM to Joette Meyers Giardina on FB for me to put you in the group.
or email Joette@ballooncoach.com
This group has several videos showing you what is around the hotel area, a tour of the hotel plus a post where people are introducing themselves. Great place to ask someone to share an uber from the airport – or see who has a car to run to the grocery store, or if people are coming early or staying after to go be a tourist with!
BONUS Hands on Build time
Sunday, November 10 from Noon to 5:00 pm, after you register you can work side by side with instructors and other attendees to inflate balloons to use in our professional photography for you to market with and learn about in our classes.
REGISTRATION at Event
BRING 2 business cards with you to Registration (if you do not have a business card print on a piece of paper or card stock your Name and name of your business the size of a business card.
Registration opens Sunday from Noon to 7:30 pm Ballroom Lobby, get your goodie bag and Name tag and workbook with the full event schedule.
If you are not arriving till Monday please Email Joette@ballooncoach.com to let us know. Registration will start at 7:30 am Monday morning.
Optional morning activities are 7:30 am to 8:30 am
Grab your seat in class at 9:15 am.
Self parking is $10 a day at the hotel.
An area with grocery store and food from fast food to sit down is .8 of a mile down the road with a sidewalk to get there if you wish to walk from the hotel.
ARE YOU PLANNING TO ATTEND THE FULL EVENT? If you know you are not able to attend the full day and will be missing meals or days of the event, please email email@example.com to let us know your schedule so we can plan accordingly. Please print the Packing List for Promotions & Profits Retreat Orlando 2019 list below.Packing and Prep List for Promotions & Profits
- Hearing Protection – we will have over 10 pieces of inflation equipment running during some of the hands on portion of the workshop if you are bothered by noise or would like to protect your hearing bring – ear plugs or noise cancelling earmuffs or headset to use during the hands on portion of class daily.
- Swimsuit it will be high 60s in the evening and 70s and 80’s during the day there is a pool and hot-tub outside open 7 am to 11 pm.
- Sunglasses or hat/sunscreen if you plan to come early or stay after to enjoy the sun or sneak out during lunch break for some sunshine.
- $$$$ You will want to have some cash and credit cards ready for meals not included. You will also have opportunities to purchase inflation equipment & BalloonCoach.com courses.
- We have Pamper services available in the evenings from Massage, Facials and Paraffin Dip Treatments email Contact@ballooncoach.com to be put on the schedule
- Tuesday Night you can learn makeup and skin-care tips from Marlee and Tracie with Mary Kay, Get your Satin Hands treatment to moisturize your hands!
- Positive Mental Attitude
- Be OPEN to looking at things from a different perspective. It’s easy to get stuck in the mindset of, “I’ve always done it a different way”
- Smile and a good handshake, this is a time to connect with like minded people you can turn to in the future for support.
- Laptop or tablet if you have one, in the evenings you can round table to work directly into your computer to take action on what you are learning.
- Friday night is Winter Wonderland themed event and style photo shoot we are the models. Dress your best you do not have to wear the theme colors but if you like to they are white, silver and shades of blue. We want it to look like an event our clients would hire us for from an Awards Banquets to a Corporate Christmas or NYE Party.
- Themed clothing if you would like for other opportunities for you to take photos with the decor on your camera or phone (pair up with someone from the event and take each others photos, this is not something you have to dress up for, but wanted you to know you can if you like in the evenings go change clothes and take photos in the different Photo Ops to use in your marketing for the holidays. There will be a Staged shoots for the Clown Party on Wed evening, Parade delegations during Eddies Class on Thursday, and then Friday night at the Party.
- New Years Eve (gold, black, silver)
- 50th bday Gold, Black, silver
- 4th of July
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Christmas Red and Gree
- Christmas – Winter Wonderland
- Valentine’s Day
- Back to School Big School Bus!
- Neon Sweet 16
- Baby shower in Pinks and in Blues
- Unicorn Birthday
- Check what the size and weight requirements are for suitcases from your airline.
- Put suitcases out a week in advance and start packing early so you are not totally rushed at the end. (the last week before a trip always seems to be crazy)
- Hotel and air reservation typed into calendar (printed out if needed)
- Delete photos from phone and tablet, camera or purchase additional memory cards to have room for lots of photos!
- Pack 120 business cards to exchange with others at retreat.
- Portfolio or marketing materials that you may share during lunch or evening conversations to get ideas from others on improvements you can make.
- Bring a special baggie or container or ladies even a cosmetic bag to put all the business cards in of the people you meet.
- Pack your POWER CORD for all electronics (WBC 2012 Jani Blocker was nice enough to buy me a universal power cord when I left my laptop cord at home – not cheap!)
- Pack an extension cord with multiple 3 prong plugs or power strip if you need for all your electronics
- The lamp in your room does have 2 electric outlets and 2 USB ports on the night stand.
- If you have a back up power pack or battery for your phone – bring all you have as you spend full days away from a power plug!
- Hand held luggage scale you can purchase at Walmart or online, helps from extra fees at check in at your flight.
- Chap Stick
- Hand lotion
- Jacket or sweater dressing in layers is good we are in FL with the Air conditioning on -some will be cold, some hot as we transition from hands on work with balloons to classroom lecture.
- Logo clothing, or outfits you want your photo taken in to show off your brand when you take selfies in the photo areas
- Comfortable shoes – we will be on our feet for the hands on builds Sunday, and Wed – Friday.
- At least 1 Pair of scissors in your checked luggage. If you like to wear an apron while doing hands on classes bring it.
- Hand pump if you have one not required
- Notebook, it’s nice to have extra pad of paper for notes
- Pens – easy to lose a pen or run out of ink
- Highlighter if you like to highlight notes during class
- Vitamins, you will probably get a little less sleep than usual having an extra boost of vitamins the week before you come and during the event can help you feel your best.
- Pain reliever, allergy medicine, any medications you take.
- Travel cup or money to buy one to have beverages in class and in your room. There is a Keurig coffee maker, microwave and small fridge in each room.
- Travel Kleenex
- Nail Clippers and file, with all the balloon work you are bound to break a nail!
- Work out clothes if you would like to hit the hotel gym or sidewalks for a wake up or end of the day workout.
- FILES for the weeks events. If you are running crews while you are away and plan to be in touch with your crew. Email the information to yourself if you wish to review.
- IF at all possible plan for a full 8 hours of sleep night before your flight. Once you get to Orlando it is easy to lose track of time and be up in the lobby talking to a new friend til all hours of the night and morning!
- Favorite granola bars, nuts, dried fruit etc. as many times you don’t take time to eat because you are visiting with people, good to keep your energy level up.
- Hand Sanitizer if you use it.
- Leave room in your suitcase for the materials from our sponsors you will get a Bag from Balloon Coach with some small items in, flyers and few small goodies – a Mini Bottle of HIFLOAT etc. Plus there is shopping available at the Disney store in the Hotel and Disney Springs is in walking distance for some Disney themed Christmas gifs and other upscale shopping (open night Wednesday)
- Post on Social media you are attending the event (let your customers know you are continuing your education.) #BalloonCoach #Promotions&Profits
- Friends and clients LOVE to see that you are investing in your business an fun photos of your travels keep people interested in your business!
- Please post thank you messages, and send a note of thanks to the instructors that give you those ah-ha moments (without giving away the training you paid to learn)
- As you post photos in the future of jobs you land, or increased income from what you learn give a shout out and tag the instructors and Balloon Coach.